Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Please allow us to do this!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-hands-resi...tive-piano

Just something like that would add so much more to immersion for me.
It's just about creating it. It isn't hard. I did it in Digressiophobia Chapter 2.

There is just 1 problem!

Take a look at the keys.
If you know how a common piano looks, you know that the black keys are spread out like this:
2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3
But wait!? In this model suddenly it goes, 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3,

How are we supposed to record the correct tone when the keys aren't placed correct?
(02-17-2013, 10:54 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: [ -> ]It's just about creating it. It isn't hard. I did it in Digressiophobia Chapter 2.

There is just 1 problem!

Take a look at the keys.
If you know how a common piano looks, you know that the black keys are spread out like this:
2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3

How are we supposed to record the correct tone when the keys aren't placed correct?

Isn't the original amnesia piano model like that too? I think only half was made, then it was mirrored to save time... or something like that xD
(02-17-2013, 11:31 AM)NaxEla Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2013, 10:54 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: [ -> ]It's just about creating it. It isn't hard. I did it in Digressiophobia Chapter 2.

There is just 1 problem!

Take a look at the keys.
2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3

Isn't the original amnesia piano model like that too? I think only half was made, then it was mirrored to save time... or something like that xD

That is the original model. Also in the video Wink
There's much more than one problem. For example, the piano is an entire step sharper than it should be, and it only goes down to F1 [concert E1] (it should go down to A0).
That level looks awesome. Link to level download if there is one?