Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hermoor's models II
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Hermoor's models II

How about alot of forest/desert/snow/underground enviroment props? Making a large outdoor enviroment setting is easy, but we don't have much props to use for them.

********Underground********
-Stalagmite
-Stalactites

********Desert********
-Tall Cactus
-Short Cactus
-Dead brush
-Tumbleweed! Big Grin
-Tall Desert Trees
-Building blocks/stones to make ruins?

********Snow********
-Pine Trees (Variations of snow on branches)
-Wooden Fences (Variations of snow on wood)
-Pinecones
-Tall dead trees
-Snowman
-Snowballs
-Lamp Post (Warcraft 3 would fit nicely)
-Tree Stump
-Chopped up Wood
-Firewood (Varations of Normal; Burning; Charcoal)
-Hay
-Hay Bale

********Forest********
-More trees with bigger trunks?
-Greener grass
-Red with white spots mushrooms; Purple with white spots mushroms
12-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8

(12-21-2011, 05:44 PM)Rapture Wrote: How about alot of forest/desert/snow/underground enviroment props? Making a large outdoor enviroment setting is easy, but we don't have much props to use for them.

********Underground********
-Stalagmite
-Stalactites

********Desert********
-Tall Cactus
-Short Cactus
-Dead brush
-Tumbleweed! Big Grin
-Tall Desert Trees
-Building blocks/stones to make ruins?

********Snow********
-Pine Trees (Variations of snow on branches)
-Wooden Fences (Variations of snow on wood)
-Pinecones
-Tall dead trees
-Snowman
-Snowballs
-Lamp Post (Warcraft 3 would fit nicely)
-Tree Stump
-Chopped up Wood
-Firewood (Varations of Normal; Burning; Charcoal)
-Hay
-Hay Bale

********Forest********
-More trees with bigger trunks?
-Greener grass
-Red with white spots mushrooms; Purple with white spots mushroms
I got a very interesting pm from someone working on something that could be a total conversion mod. I will help him if he proves to be serious. Otherwise your suggestion is the best so far. Dark woods could be very scary, I would probably be able to make a scary creature to accompany this model pack. Maybe a troll? Or a witch that lives in a small cabin.

Is this btw something that you would be using for something?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live"
-Lin Yutang
12-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Well since you are considering working on a project you could find it interest to join me in what I am doing currently. I model stuff myself and know how to animate. Just playing around I'm creating different environments which I plan to implement on one story. Currently I have a "crazy scientist" model animated, a steampunk environment started as well as a "walking freezer" environment. I do have some ideas for "easter eggs"; areas which do not relate to the story at all, just there because I'd think they'd be fun to do.

You could draw inspiration from the settings I have done or simply make up something unique of your own. It's basically a project to get inventive with. I'd like to work with other modelers, which is why I'm asking :>

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

(12-21-2011, 09:13 PM)Acies Wrote: Well since you are considering working on a project you could find it interest to join me in what I am doing currently. I model stuff myself and know how to animate. Just playing around I'm creating different environments which I plan to implement on one story. Currently I have a "crazy scientist" model animated, a steampunk environment started as well as a "walking freezer" environment. I do have some ideas for "easter eggs"; areas which do not relate to the story at all, just there because I'd think they'd be fun to do.

You could draw inspiration from the settings I have done or simply make up something unique of your own. It's basically a project to get inventive with. I'd like to work with other modelers, which is why I'm asking :>
I know you are capable of creating cool stuff since I saw that video. I would be interested in joining you but that of course depends on what you are working on. Since we both know how to model and you know how to animate. I think great things could be accomplished, maybe we could create something cool and unique? I sent you a pm Wink

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live"
-Lin Yutang
12-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(12-20-2011, 05:56 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Hey I'm in the mood of making some models. I can make just about anything you want, the request has to be interesting in order for me to accept it. So try to come up with something cool Wink
haha its funny because last time i requested something to you.... you just went silent for 4 weeks...

12-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

(12-22-2011, 01:54 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(12-20-2011, 05:56 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Hey I'm in the mood of making some models. I can make just about anything you want, the request has to be interesting in order for me to accept it. So try to come up with something cool Wink
haha its funny because last time i requested something to you.... you just went silent for 4 weeks...
Ahh I remember you, you wanted me to do some minor edit to the monster that is already in the game. Well as I said I'll only take the most interesting requests. If I think your request is uninteresting i won't accept it. That goes for some people in this thread...more specifically:

[b]Unearthlybrutal[/b] : Model plane is a waste of time

[b]Your Computer[/b] : While interesting that is tooo much work. Texturing that thing would be a nightmare and then all the normal maps and spec maps.

[b]kman[/b] : The monster from minecraft, he is just a black shape. For something like that to look good it needs to have particles or some kind of smoke or something coming out of it.

[b]darkadders[/b] : Trucks are uninteresting and generally a waste of time...I'm anti industilasation and HATE cars.

[b]Danarogon[/b] : I think you had made some humanoid with long claws...I had already made a similar model to that before so yeah...it felt like doing the same thing again just slightly differently. These models takes hours to make, so if it's not fun or interesting or if I just made a similar model...I'm not going to do it again. :p

-Lin Yutang
12-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(12-22-2011, 04:45 PM)Hermoor Wrote:
Ahh I remember you, you wanted me to do some minor edit to the monster that is already in the game. Well as I said I'll only take the most interesting requests. If I think your request is uninteresting i won't accept it. That goes for some people in this thread...more specifically:

[b]Your Computer[/b] : While interesting that is tooo much work. Texturing that thing would be a nightmare and then all the normal maps and spec maps.

[b]kman[/b] : The monster from minecraft, he is just a black shape. For something like that to look good it needs to have particles or some kind of smoke or something coming out of it.

[b]darkadders[/b] : Trucks are uninteresting and generally a waste of time...I'm anti industilasation and HATE cars.

[b]Danarogon[/b] : I think you had made some humanoid with long claws...I had already made a similar model to that before so yeah...it felt like doing the same thing again just slightly differently. These models takes hours to make, so if it's not fun or interesting or if I just made a similar model...I'm not going to do it again. :p
FIRST: i didn't want you to make a ninor edit of an existent monster... i only said you could do it that way if you were too bored to make one from scratch
SECOND: you didn't make a monster similar to the one i sent you. so you wouldn't do the "same thing all over again"

THIRD: You were a fucking asshole for not
responding even if it was to say no... makeing me wait like a freaking idiot! the worst is i actualy needed and still need that model for my mode! makeing the mode developement completely dependent in your reply!
so fuck you if you think showing other examples of declines you made to other people makes you think you are right!

12-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Spoiler below!
(12-22-2011, 07:33 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(12-22-2011, 04:45 PM)Hermoor Wrote:

FIRST: i didn't want you to make a ninor edit of an existent monster... i only said you could do it that way if you were too bored to make one from scratch
SECOND: you didn't make a monster similar to the one i sent you. so you wouldn't do the "same thing all over again"

THIRD: You were a fucking asshole for not
responding even if it was to say no... makeing me wait like a freaking idiot! the worst is i actualy needed and still need that model for my mode! makeing the mode developement completely dependent in your reply!
so fuck you if you think showing other examples of declines you made to other people makes you think you are right!

I do agree its annoying if not infuriating when people ignore you. But you shoulda PMed your rant to him.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2011, 08:06 PM by Rapture.)
12-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

I do recall you being slightly annoying, assuming almost demanding I would make this model for you. I lost interest short thereafter and didn't visit the site for months. I don't have to make any model for you if I don't want to, and I'm not an asshole for not being interested in making a model for you. Pay me and I HAVE TO MAKE you a model...right now me making you a model depends on many different factors. If these factors aren't true for your request I'm not going to do it.

If you had paid me to make a model or given me something in return you would have the right to be upset. But you haven't and therefore have no right to demand or call me an asshole for not taking your request. Stop whining and learn how to model something yourself, if you are too lazy to do that then pay me OR come up with a better request.

-Lin Yutang
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2011, 08:26 PM by Hermoor.)
12-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(12-22-2011, 08:25 PM)Hermoor Wrote: I do recall you being slightly annoying, assuming almost demanding I would make this model for you. I lost interest short thereafter and didn't visit the site for months. I don't have to make any model for you if I don't want to, and I'm not an asshole for not being interested in making a model for you. Pay me and I HAVE TO MAKE you a model...right now me making you a model depends on many different factors. If these factors aren't true for your request I'm not going to do it.

If you had paid me to make a model or given me something in return you would have the right to be upset. But you haven't and therefore have no right to demand or call me an asshole for not taking your request. Stop whining and learn how to model something yourself, if you are too lazy to do that then pay me OR come up with a better request.
i am not calling asshole for not acepting my request nor for thinking its not interesting for you. its only because you haven't fucking said you decline it! you made me think that you were makeing it! wend at the end you've done nothing! sure i am not paying you nor giveing you eny thing in return! but you could at least say "NO I WON'T DO IT"

and also if you didn't visit the site because of personal life and manbo jambo... i would take back what i said... but as far as i know... you went off because you "lost interest"...which hey i don't really care if you lost interest or not... but as i said before two times and i don't want sound repetitious... YOU COULD HAVE SAID "NO"

also i don't make my own models because hey! i have no fucking idea how to use maya or blender or any thing like that! i have no idea! and as far as i know... why would i have to do it if supossedly you said you would so stuff like that for free? so don't "attack" me whit "do it yourself" argumment!
12-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Website Find