Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
going too far
rubixcube Offline

Threads: 3
going too far

Sometime in development thechineseroom said they removed something from the game because they thought it was "going too far", does anyone know (Dev's can answer) what that was?
09-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Find
Diango12 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: going too far

Can you give a link to said remark?
09-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

Now I'm curious.

Spoiler below!
I was already stunned when I read the note about the guy who was horrified about pissing and shitting huge ammounts of blood and his entire body degrading. Confused
09-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Find
SLAMnesia Offline

Threads: 39

I read that too, and I think this is what they removed.

[SPOILERS]
http://www.onlysp.com/wp-content/uploads...line_3.jpg
I saw this picture and I immediately was in awe of how powerful and grotesque that is, and I wanted to see it in-game ASAP. In game when you finally meet the Iron Butler and see how they process human flesh, they left this scene out Sad .
I did, however, find something EVEN MORE grotesque than that scene ingame!
During the outside level when pigs are rampaging the streets, you look behind through a fence between some boxes, and you see a pig monster RAPING a corpse. He's clearly pelvic thrusting a dead body on the ground. Wow, that says so much about the mentality of these monsters and how Mandus Co. views bodies and life as just pieces of meat product waiting to be produced. I think corpse rape is more 'too far' than a torso on a hook floating towards you in a narrow hallway. But all in all, I wish the game had every disturbing element they could think of- the company is called Frictional Games for shits' sake! KEEP THE GAMES 'FRICTIONAL' BY LEAVING THEM AS IS.
I hope their next game DOES go too far, and makes me hate myself for playing it. I want it all!
09-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

(09-15-2013, 09:00 PM)Diango12 Wrote: Can you give a link to said remark?

chineseroom Wrote: We had a general rule that if anyone on the team had a problem with content and said "that's just going too far", we'd pull it out. I think we only removed one thing though. That's not a great comment on the team I think :Angel:

and on Twitter:

chineseroom Wrote:Last thing I thought was "is that going a bit too far? Ah, f**k it", which sums up the whole development. @frictionalgames, it's all yours..
09-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

(09-16-2013, 12:00 AM)SLAMnesia Wrote: I read that too, and I think this is what they removed.

[SPOILERS]
I saw this picture and I immediately was in awe of how powerful and grotesque that is, and I wanted to see it in-game ASAP. In game when you finally meet the Iron Butler and see how they process human flesh, they left this scene out Sad .
During the outside level when pigs are rampaging the streets, you look behind through a fence between some boxes, and you see a pig monster RAPING a corpse. He's clearly pelvic thrusting a dead body on the ground. Wow, that says so much about the mentality of these monsters and how Mandus Co. views bodies and life as just pieces of meat product waiting to be produced. I think corpse rape is more 'too far' than a torso on a hook floating towards you in a narrow hallway. But all in all, I wish the game had every disturbing element they could think of- the company is called Frictional Games for shits' sake! KEEP THE GAMES 'FRICTIONAL' BY LEAVING THEM AS IS.
I hope their next game DOES go too far, and makes me hate myself for playing it. I want it all!

I thought he was being eaten. I will have to check again now.
09-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

(09-16-2013, 03:37 PM)cantremember Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 12:00 AM)SLAMnesia Wrote: I read that too, and I think this is what they removed.

[SPOILERS]

I thought he was being eaten. I will have to check again now.

He is being eaten and not raped, that guy is just acting retarded now.

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
09-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(09-16-2013, 04:34 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: He is being eaten and not raped, that guy is just acting retarded now.
That's debatable. The animation is really short, like under 10 frames long, so it's really hard to tell what it's doing. But by the motion, I would say that the woman/man isn't being eaten.

Also, words like 'retarded' aren't very nice to throw around.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
09-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

(09-16-2013, 05:10 PM)Potato Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 04:34 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote: He is being eaten and not raped, that guy is just acting retarded now.
That's debatable. The animation is really short, like under 10 frames long, so it's really hard to tell what it's doing. But by the motion, I would say that the woman/man isn't being eaten.

Sorry i get frustrated easily.

Apologise mate.
09-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-16-2013, 05:16 PM)Sergeant Crits Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 05:10 PM)Potato Wrote: That's debatable. The animation is really short, like under 10 frames long, so it's really hard to tell what it's doing. But by the motion, I would say that the woman/man isn't being eaten.

Sorry i get frustrated easily.

Apologise mate.

Hugs, and kisses all around fellas! Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 05:20 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Find