Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
RE: The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks

Yup. Also, there's judging with full knowledge and rational analysis of all the relevant factors, and judging before having the knowledge and analysing it, or prejudging. From the verb "prejudge" we get the noun "prejudice" which, being human, we're all guilty of to a greater or lesser extent.

I suppose that people rating the pics are prejudging the celebs - making an assumption that they are attention whores and therefore deserving of whatever response they get to their photos, something I am guilty of in my previous post. But then, it would also be prejudiced, technically speaking, to assume that they're not.

09-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Find
Darkspellbound Offline

Threads: 7

The problem with me is, I don't get much out of the Fappening. Granted it did make me shit myself and laugh. After reading the paper, it became painfully obvious these celebrities ("Famous Women Cunts") don't know how to use their phones or anything. They believe these devices run on fucking magic and they're secure from everything.
09-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(09-06-2014, 01:49 AM)Darkspellbound Wrote: The problem with me is, I don't get much out of the Fappening. Granted it did make me shit myself and laugh. After reading the paper, it became painfully obvious these celebrities ("Famous Women Cunts") don't know how to use their phones or anything. They believe these devices run on fucking magic and they're secure from everything.

That doesn't change the fact that it's stolen property. You forget to lock your door one night, and someone breaks in and takes your stuff, the onus of responsibility still falls squarely on the shoulders thief, not you.

And I'm not denying that people subconsciously judge others, but what I am concerned about is that this is stolen property being used to 'benefit' others at the expense of the victim.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 02:20 AM by VaeVictis.)
09-06-2014, 02:18 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

hey darkspell i have a USB with all of your internet history on it and im about to give it to all your friends and family

not my fault you should have known that your internet history wasn't secure bro

anyways it's honestly kind of shocking to me that in the year of 2014 people still don't get how cloud networks work but saying that they should have known that their photos weren't secure is like the equivelant of saying if someone broke down your door and robbed your house that its your fault because you should have known not to have your valuable belongings lying around your house when someone could just come take them

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 03:35 AM by Kman.)
09-06-2014, 03:27 AM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Honestly, a lot of the blame when it comes to break-ins is left to the owner IF they didn't take precautions to prevent it.

When I was in France 2 years ago, I got robbed by someone breaking into our rental car. My backpack was on the floor in the backseat underneath my jacket. The car was locked and parked on a small lot by the road. This was slightly outside the cities.

This is of course assuming the thief got away and was never caught or identified, which is my case.

After that happened is when I learned how insureance companies won't help you if you didn't try to help yourself. For example, if the car was unlocked, they wouldn't give you anything because "you basically brought this upon yourself." Even with everything I had set up, they still argued with us. They claimed our car needed blinds to hide any valuables, and without them it would be no surprise people would want to break in.

It ended in us getting money for some of what was lost. I think that backpack was valued at about $2800 excluding any personal values. I think what we got back was $1300. I'm glad we got anything at all, but it took months of quarreling to get to that. We were just about to not recieve anything because the car was missing blinds.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 09:31 AM by Mudbill.)
09-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

There's a difference between what is morally right out of common sense, and then there's what's legally right from arguing technicalities.

This is why some people hate lawyers so much. You cannot debunk them for being wrong technically, but they base their judgment without any regards to human moral empathy.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 10:06 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(09-06-2014, 10:03 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: There's a difference between what is morally right out of common sense, and then there's what's legally right from arguing technicalities.

This is why some people hate lawyers so much. You cannot debunk them for being wrong technically, but they base their judgment without any regards to human moral empathy.

Devils Advocate <3

[Image: luv.gif]
09-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Find
Darkspellbound Offline

Why people keep comparing money from your hard work with something stupid people did?. Are you guys saying your property just like those dirty pictures?. Sure Jennifer Lawrence's tits and the face full of cum pictures is gold.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 11:07 AM by Darkspellbound.)
09-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(09-06-2014, 11:05 AM)Darkspellbound Wrote: Why people keep comparing money from your hard work with something stupid people did?. Are you guys saying your property just like those dirty pictures?. Sure Jennifer Lawrence's tits and the face full of cum pictures is gold.

Half the time I have no idea what you're trying to say.

The issue here which pretty much everyone agrees on is that these photos were meant to be private but was stolen and spread worldwide.

If that doesn't make sense to you then imagine being really famous, taking nudes, putting them somewhere you think is safe and then someone steals them and then spreads them worldwide. I don't think you'd be happy now would you?

[Image: luv.gif]
09-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Find
Darkspellbound Offline

(09-06-2014, 11:13 AM)Wooderson Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 11:05 AM)Darkspellbound Wrote: Why people keep comparing money from your hard work with something stupid people did?. Are you guys saying your property just like those dirty pictures?. Sure Jennifer Lawrence's tits and the face full of cum pictures is gold.

Half the time I have no idea what you're trying to say.

The issue here which pretty much everyone agrees on is that these photos were meant to be private but was stolen and spread worldwide.

If that doesn't make sense to you then imagine being really famous, taking nudes, putting them somewhere you think is safe and then someone steals them and then spreads them worldwide. I don't think you'd be happy now would you?

Of course i would not put them in anywhere. I'm not dull.
09-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Find