Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SOLVED] Setting up the tools on a clean 1.1 retail install and 1.3.1 update on top
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: [SOLVED] Setting up the tools on a clean 1.1 retail install and 1.3.1 update on top

Interesting how you have that in mind. Sounds already very similar to a recently discussed plan we have in the neighboring thread here:

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-52855.html

I don't remember if there are many (if any) already released detective stories out there. I'd be surprised if not but I haven't seen any. It definitely is a good idea in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 03:19 PM by Mudbill.)
10-19-2016, 03:17 PM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: [SOLVED] Setting up the tools on a clean 1.1 retail install and 1.3.1 update on top

(10-19-2016, 03:17 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Interesting how you have that in mind. Sounds already very similar to a recently discussed plan we have in the neighboring thread here:

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-52855.html

I don't remember if there are many (if any) already released detective stories out there. I'd be surprised if not but I haven't seen any. It definitely is a good idea in my opinion.

Yeah, I've noticed that thread. Big Grin It's piqued my interest, to say the least, though I'm focusing more on the discussion of mechanics in such missions, rather than copying story ideas.

I've had an idea for a classic horror mission some four years ago, but I was looking forward to making more of a "mystery story" type thing already back in 2011, when I first got into modding TDD. I'd still like to make a mystery/crime story first (though a period one), then try something more typically horror-themed. Part of my motivation is that I want to challenge myself to make as interesting a story as I can, without resorting to using monsters. It helps that the few stock monsters/enemies TDD has don't fit my plans for a mission like that at all, even for the potential spooky bits. So, I'll have to really get creative. Cool Wink

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 07:10 PM by Petike.)
10-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Find