Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Best of 2010 Awards Nominations
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Best of 2010 Awards Nominations

I would hope that whoever is judge at IGN will not be taking popularity into account when weighing the merits of these awards.
11-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(11-25-2010, 09:31 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I would hope that whoever is judge at IGN will not be taking popularity into account when weighing the merits of these awards.

Well, GameTrailers gave it to CoD: MW2 on PS3, X360 and PC for 2009 and there were a lot of good, cutting-edge game out there. Can you imagine? A shitty game takes the GoTY title for all three console!

So, isn't it fanboy-ism? IGN is not something very different. And they don't tell us their testing questions? How are they deciding?

11-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Website Find
w3sp Offline

Threads: 4

I think Amnesia MUST win in the Horror category, and it would deserve to win in the atmosphere category.

I'm not so sure about the story category, because I found it the story in Amnesia a BIT lacking, especially the ending.
11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

MW2 GOTY for the PC? Lol fail.
Amnesia definitely deserves the price in the Horror category. Fallout: New Vegas isn't horror. Dead Rising isn't horror either because it's all for fun and not very realistic. STALKER is light-horror and Metro 2033 isn't that scary either.

I think Amnesia also deserves the "best atmosphere" award but Fallout:NV and Mass Effect 2 probably have more followers.

11-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Find
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it loses out for story (heck, I DON'T think it had the best story) but possibly atmosphere, and DEFINITELY best horror. If something stupid like Dead Rising 2 gets it, I lose faith in those awards. If Call of Pripyat gets it, I'll just be a little frustrated.
11-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(11-25-2010, 06:40 PM)PvtLastClass Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if it loses out for story (heck, I DON'T think it had the best story) but possibly atmosphere, and DEFINITELY best horror. If something stupid like Dead Rising 2 gets it, I lose faith in those awards. If Call of Pripyat gets it, I'll just be a little frustrated.

Call of Pripyat actually had some freaky moments. Underground tunnels with those snorks...
shudder shudder

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
11-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Website Find
NPerrin Offline

Threads: 0

I find it pretty incredible that Amnesia is on so many of the nomination lists, considering the competition it's going up against.

Frictional should be really f-ing proud of what they've done this year. I hope they win 2 awards, we all know (if IGN is fair) that they already have one guaranteed. It's a guarantee for "best horror game," if they don't win that then I'll never visit IGN again. It would be the biggest error in judgment ever.

The fact that it's being considered for best PC game of the year is a huge compliment and the devs deserve it - I know it's the best game out this year that I've played.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2010, 08:43 AM by NPerrin.)
11-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Find
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1

Actually, what I would nominate for the Horror category: MINECRAFT. Anyone who's played it for long periods of time would understand.

"Doot dee doo, I can't believe I found so much diamond ore just near this lava pool! This is great! I-"
rrrruuuooooooogghhh...
"WTF WHERE IS IT?? I HEAR IT RIGHT FREAKING NEXT TO ME BUT I DON'T SEE IT...GODDAMN IT I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF WITH ME I DON'T WANT TO LOSE IT"

PS. The game autosaves anytime you quit. Die with an inventory FULL of stuff? You've lost it all, permanently.

Of course, I'd consider it a runner-up to Amnesia, but still pretty creepy.
11-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I love it when the exploding penis dudes sneak up on people.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
11-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Website Find
darthvulture Offline

Threads: 2

best story is mass effect 2 no doubt , but amnesia will ace horror and hopefully atmosphere, game of the year must be mass effect 2 ,cmon BAD COMPANY 2? it sucks donkeyhorse, amnesia is way better so if it won it wouldnt be a bad winner in that category but its alot to hope for Smile
Funniest game must be sam & max or poker night at the inventory, just had to mention it Big Grin Smile

but frictional games, uve made a fantastic game and im glad that the reviewers can share this view! Congratz, you all deserve it! Hope your next game is even better, which i am in no doubt it will be the way you guys are developing from game to game! Smile

After Darkness, Comes Light.
11-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Find