Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Anyone else notice this? [possible spoilers]
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
Anyone else notice this? [possible spoilers]

Wearing gas mask = night vision.

i spam meme 4 raeg
01-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Anyone else notice this? [possible spoilers]

...that would be helpful except that you already have an infinitely glowing glow stick, and no real need to use anything else for light, except for the fact that someone needed new batteries and decided to get the max value value bargain box of batteries and then hide them around the facility when he was bored...
01-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I never used the glow stick because I assumed it would only last for 5 minutes. Joke's on me...
01-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

I never used the glowstick either... I didn't know it had infinite energy when I was playing lol.

01-23-2011, 04:34 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

it doesn't matter, there was never a shortage of batteries... or ceiling lights... or shafts in the roof...
01-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Find
Shev Offline

(01-22-2011, 07:23 AM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: ...that would be helpful except that you already have an infinitely glowing glow stick, and no real need to use anything else for light, except for the fact that someone needed new batteries and decided to get the max value value bargain box of batteries and then hide them around the facility when he was bored...

Glowstick only lets you see like... 2 feet.

Gas mask has the same effect as turning your gamma up.

i spam meme 4 raeg
01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(01-23-2011, 04:37 PM)Shev Wrote:
(01-22-2011, 07:23 AM)Zoridium JackL Wrote: ...that would be helpful except that you already have an infinitely glowing glow stick, and no real need to use anything else for light, except for the fact that someone needed new batteries and decided to get the max value value bargain box of batteries and then hide them around the facility when he was bored...

it may only be 2 feet, but that is still more than the diameter of the torch, it gives off a more useful luminous effect for areas, oh, and i forgot the mega surplus box of flares with the hole in the bottom that someone decide to drag around the facility in all the corners...
01-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Find
Shev Offline

(01-23-2011, 05:04 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote:

it may only be 2 feet, but that is still more than the diameter of the torch, it gives off a more useful luminous effect for areas, oh, and i forgot the mega surplus box of flares with the hole in the bottom that someone decide to drag around the facility in all the corners...

Yeah.... But the gas mask gives you night vision, and last I checked

Night vision > being able to see 2 feet.

And even with the glowstick, penumbra still does a better job with the lighting system in a scary game than roughly 99.9% of all 'horror' games (although most 'horror' games usually are brightly lit and give you a minigun to fight against a army of slow moving zombies). Sure you can see 2 feet whenever you want, but its still 2 feet and makes you a LOT easier to see by enemys, so I don't see whats so great about it.

i spam meme 4 raeg
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2011, 08:35 PM by Shev.)
01-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

(01-23-2011, 08:33 PM)Shev Wrote:
(01-23-2011, 05:04 PM)Zoridium JackL Wrote:

Yeah.... But the gas mask gives you night vision, and last I checked

Night vision > being able to see 2 feet.

And even with the glowstick, penumbra still does a better job with the lighting system in a scary game than roughly 99.9% of all 'horror' games (although most 'horror' games usually are brightly lit and give you a minigun to fight against a army of slow moving zombies). Sure you can see 2 feet whenever you want, but its still 2 feet and makes you a LOT easier to see by enemys, so I don't see whats so great about it.

one reason is it doesn't make sound all retarded and another is because you have a clearer view...
01-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Find
Tintin Offline

Threads: 4

The glowsticks lasted forever? No-one told me. I used them a little but tried to avoid using them, as I thought they'd run low very quickly.
01-24-2011, 05:19 AM
Find