Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Patch content today
freak4mma Offline

Threads: 1
Patch content today

I can't figure out how to download this...Can someone please help? I don't see a download anywhere on the site. I bought the game on direct2drive if that helps. Thanks.
04-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Find
Tayrtahn Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Patch content today

The update is part of Valve's Potato ARG promotion for Portal 2. As such it is (at least currently) only available in the Steam version.
04-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

yes,

and I found one easter egg at the library,

when you have to solve the 3 books trigger puzzle, at the left of the original letter who told you the story of alexander, there is an other one, a coded message,

I dont know what kind of code it is (really didnt have the time to carry on that, just rushed to see if some things changes, and figured that out)

but it semms that each 3 characters of the letter forms a group which indicate what is the real character who should be instead of the group of 3.

someone's ready to decrypt it ? XD
04-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Find
mattwestwick Offline

Threads: 6

Have you actually been under a rock?
04-13-2011, 01:33 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

WHAT? So I support frictional by buying straight from the Frictional Shelf site so they dont have to share with Valve... and now I get jipped on DLC? REALLY? That is horrible...just unspeakable. I have literally never been dissapointed in frictional, for all the years I've been a fan of their games, I've supported them, but THIS is not acceptable... :'(
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 05:22 AM by Spooder Wekd.)
04-13-2011, 05:21 AM
Website Find
rushjet Offline

(04-13-2011, 05:21 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: WHAT? So I support frictional by buying straight from the Frictional Shelf site so they dont have to share with Valve... and now I get jipped on DLC? REALLY? That is horrible...just unspeakable. I have literally never been dissapointed in frictional, for all the years I've been a fan of their games, I've supported them, but THIS is not acceptable... :'(

Chill, they mentioned on the blog that the dlc would be avaliable to all later, its just steam only at the moment becuase its part of the ARG
04-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

(04-13-2011, 05:24 AM)rushjet Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 05:21 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: WHAT? So I support frictional by buying straight from the Frictional Shelf site so they dont have to share with Valve... and now I get jipped on DLC? REALLY? That is horrible...just unspeakable. I have literally never been dissapointed in frictional, for all the years I've been a fan of their games, I've supported them, but THIS is not acceptable... :'(

Chill, they mentioned on the blog that the dlc would be avaliable to all later, its just steam only at the moment becuase its part of the ARG

I know, believe me I knew I would get it eventually, I just needed a nice rant Tongue
It's just weird that a third party retailer would get updates before those of us who got it from the source...
Frictional, you have a week before I fly over there and take take the update with my bare hands! Tongue
04-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Website Find
rushjet Offline

Its not wierd. It was made specifically for that 3rd part retailer as part of the arg and a deal selling their game in a pack. Who knows steam might have paid for it.
04-13-2011, 05:51 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(04-13-2011, 05:51 AM)rushjet Wrote: Who knows steam might have paid for it.

Even if they did not, being included in the Potato Sack is worth a heap for all those indie devs, Frictional included. And, yes, Steam got it first, because they made it for Steam, not for Amnesia. We don't know the business end of this, it's even possible that you should thank Valve for letting it get ported to non-steam versions. It's also quite possible that without Valve, this would have never been made.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 06:35 AM by hollowleviathan.)
04-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

(04-13-2011, 05:29 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 05:24 AM)rushjet Wrote:

I know, believe me I knew I would get it eventually, I just needed a nice rant Tongue
It's just weird that a third party retailer would get updates before those of us who got it from the source...
Frictional, you have a week before I fly over there and take take the update with my bare hands! Tongue

Men, you're pretty rude... I really dont see what's wrong with that...
Free DLC dude ! maybe they are the last on the earth to do that ! and thats how you thanks them ? on this point, I disagree.
04-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Find