Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What could happen in Amnesia 2?
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: What could happen in Amnesia 2?

He is in purgatory. Neither dead nor alive.

02-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Website Find
max stewart Offline

Threads: 0

my name is max dylan stewart & I love amnesia the dark descent i finshed 3 time & my all family & friends finshed and they love it so much i realy want amnesia 2 hi frictional games plez watch the vote of the people who want amnesia click on this link 2 http://www.google.ae/url?sa=t&source=web...tpz2pcEERw Big Grin plez friends who sign in this website vote for amnesia 2 Big Grin
09-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

JOHAN WEYER!
09-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

I would like it better if Amnesia 2 was the same style of game but with a different setting/storyline.

I wasn't a big fan of the storyline in Amnesia I only liked the atmosphere and and scariness.

The Amnesia potion was a good way to make the player discover the surroundings together with the character, but I thought the poisoned wine was a bit of a meek excuse to have monsters wandering the castle and the "shadow" was too supernatural for my taste and too scripted to make it an interesting foe in the game.
09-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(09-02-2011, 05:51 PM)cantremember Wrote: I would like it better if Amnesia 2 was the same style of game but with a different setting/storyline.

I wasn't a big fan of the storyline in Amnesia I only liked the atmosphere and and scariness.

The Amnesia potion was a good way to make the player discover the surroundings together with the character, but I thought the poisoned wine was a bit of a meek excuse to have monsters wandering the castle and the "shadow" was too supernatural for my taste and too scripted to make it an interesting foe in the game.
Although it is thought that the wine made Mr.Face and Mr.Tall, I don't think thats the actual reason they're there. The people that drank the whine all exploded, they werent just partially severed in random locations (eg mr.tall missing an arm).

Plus the idea of the shadow was to be supernatural. The game wasnt made to be realistic, so I guess a naked, floating Alexander and invisible water monsters are too supernatural too?
Just sayin.
09-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

It would be a kinect only golf simulator. With a "special" tiger woods minigame Wink
09-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Website Find
cantremember Offline

I didn't like the floating alexander much, but I didn't mind because it's only at the very end.

The watermonster, I liked him, he was pretty original and although a bit unrealistic he was still made to be not very powerful and bound by certain rules (eg. can't leave water, can't get past doors without busting them open first).

The shadow just engulfs anything it wants, and it was a bit too obvious to me that it only so happened to convientently engulf the room you are about to leave, but just not enough so you stay alive. It was an entirely scripted mechanism of which didn't put any fear in me as I knew there is no way the shadow 'hunting' me would ever get me, except for the two predictable and easy chase scenes.
09-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-03-2011, 01:56 PM)cantremember Wrote: I didn't like the floating alexander much, but I didn't mind because it's only at the very end.

The watermonster, I liked him, he was pretty original and although a bit unrealistic he was still made to be not very powerful and bound by certain rules (eg. can't leave water, can't get past doors without busting them open first).

The shadow just engulfs anything it wants, and it was a bit too obvious to me that it only so happened to convientently engulf the room you are about to leave, but just not enough so you stay alive. It was an entirely scripted mechanism of which didn't put any fear in me as I knew there is no way the shadow 'hunting' me would ever get me, except for the two predictable and easy chase scenes.

I'm sorry, but did you honestly expect amnesia to be totally realistic? The game isn't made to tell an in depth story, or to show off ground breaking puzzles, or be so realistic to the point you could imagine it happening in real life. No, it was made to make the player feel terrifyed. And all those three other things are kind of just added on to make the game better. But of course since they're just add ons to the original concept it's stupid to think that they would put NEARELY as much time into them as they would focusing on terrifying the player.

Posting Freak
09-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Website Find
cantremember Offline

You're completely missing my point. It's not the unrealism that I don't like, it's the supernatural.
The shadow was so unnatural that it was barely scary and extremely predictable to me. It was just some red sludge that appeared in rooms you were about to leave.
09-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(09-04-2011, 09:39 AM)cantremember Wrote: You're completely missing my point. It's not the unrealism that I don't like, it's the supernatural.
The shadow was so unnatural that it was barely scary and extremely predictable to me. It was just some red sludge that appeared in rooms you were about to leave.
Then pay less attention to it. I too found it "non-scary", just repulsive. But as I played, it just became part of the game, the walls of the castle, not some "omgimakillyou" force. The whole game is about the immersion, the feeling of being vulnerable and scared from the atmosphere. The amazing storyline and slight supernatural just aid it.

Don't want to attack you, but you're being amazingly nitpicky and in general, over critisizing some things about the game that can simply be ignored or arent very big issues. :S
09-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Find