Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) (/thread-14634.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - CorinthianMerchant - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 12:13 PM)Mehis Wrote: [Image: closetmainstream.png]

I saw that that post before it became a meme.

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Traggey - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 03:11 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 02:05 PM)DarkShadowz Wrote: [Image: ScumbagPointlights.jpg]
I don't think any raytraces (lightbounces) is cast in this engine. Instead, the whole HPL2 engine seems to be running on "mood lighting". It's an efficient solution that compiles and runs like a charm, but for a level designer, is looks a little trashy.
Wrong, spotlights can cast raytracing.

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - lllDash - 05-31-2012

(05-30-2012, 06:47 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 03:11 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 02:05 PM)DarkShadowz Wrote: [Image: ScumbagPointlights.jpg]
I don't think any raytraces (lightbounces) is cast in this engine. Instead, the whole HPL2 engine seems to be running on "mood lighting". It's an efficient solution that compiles and runs like a charm, but for a level designer, is looks a little trashy.
Wrong, spotlights can cast raytracing.
Yip, I use them often when I need a shadow but not too much because it's a really performance heavy effect. Also spot lights can look rubbish if not used properly. I've got a few ideas to contribute to this post. But is there any rules for creating a meme or can I just slap some text on a pic that best expresses the meaning?

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Putmalk - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 04:35 PM)lllDash Wrote: Yip, I use them often when I need a shadow but not too much because it's a really performance heavy effect. Also spot lights can look rubbish if not used properly. I've got a few ideas to contribute to this post. But is there any rules for creating a meme or can I just slap some text on a pic that best expresses the meaning?
There are rules. Make sure you're using the meme correctly, unless it's an original image. If it's a preexisting image, then make sure the text correlates to the meme....nobody wants anybody using Annoying Facebook Girl image with like...a scream text or something...you understand what I mean?

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - darkadders - 05-31-2012

make sure your custom image makes sence though

Quote: [Image: 3p82oz.jpg]

unlike this. no offence, but up to this day, i really dont understand it.

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Statyk - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 09:58 PM)DarkShadowz Wrote: make sure your custom image makes sence though

The belief that if they would self-destruct and kill people, they would have virgins in the afterlife. So they did it. This meme is supposed to look like a discriminative comment on the top, and a finishing comment on the bottom to make it a non-racial statement.

These "virgins" described in THIS meme, is saying that there are "HPL2 virgins" in development support that need help/saving.

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Cranky Old Man - 06-01-2012

[Image: do4coh.jpg]
(Parodied Johan Wanloo strip under fair use.)

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Kman - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 07:19 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: [Image: do4coh.jpg]
(Parodied Johan Wanloo strip under fair use.)
Ok that was actually really good X)

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Streetboat - 06-03-2012

(05-31-2012, 10:35 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 09:58 PM)DarkShadowz Wrote: make sure your custom image makes sence though

The belief that if they would self-destruct and kill people, they would have virgins in the afterlife. So they did it. This meme is supposed to look like a discriminative comment on the top, and a finishing comment on the bottom to make it a non-racial statement.

These "virgins" described in THIS meme, is saying that there are "HPL2 virgins" in development support that need help/saving.
I thought it meant that they were regular old virgins (stereotype of a nerd) who needed help in the development forums. That makes it funnier in my mind, to imagine a bunch of pocket protectors sitting in the development forum sucking their thumbs and bawling for help.

Hey, whatever gets me through the day- not saying it's true! Tongue

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Adny - 06-03-2012

For all you scripters out there:

[Image: 21385536.jpg]