Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL (/thread-8096.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - BlueFury - 06-08-2011

i crapped myself on my own custom story

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - plutomaniac - 06-08-2011

(06-08-2011, 03:16 PM)BlueFury Wrote: i crapped myself on my own custom story

yes, that's the spirit!!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - Russ Money - 06-09-2011

Just a thought, could the grand prize be a "alpha/beta-key" to your next great game, FG?

Like I said, just a thought, haha.

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - plutomaniac - 06-09-2011

(06-09-2011, 05:33 AM)Russ Money Wrote: Just a thought, could the grand prize be a "alpha/beta-key" to your next great game, FG?

Like I said, just a thought, haha.

no way, that would ruin it! Smile

(I read from an older interview Thomas made, that is won't be entirely horror like the first two. We'll see though...)

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - Russ Money - 06-09-2011

Also, I would still like to know if you gentlemen at Frictional Games are going to record yourselves whilst playing/judging our custom stories!

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - nemesis567 - 06-10-2011

They honestly have better things to do than that. And I'm not sure if they actually take this as a job or they just do it for fun. If it is the second one they probably will record it and they're certainly happier Tongue.

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - nofsky - 06-11-2011

I wonder if they can be scared from their own game... they probably know every trick in the book. Tongue

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - Russ Money - 06-11-2011

(06-11-2011, 12:13 AM)nofsky Wrote: I wonder if they can be scared from their own game... they probably know every trick in the book. Tongue

Maybe not their own games, but that's the exciting part about playing well put together custom stories. The mystery of what's to come.

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - nemesis567 - 06-11-2011

They must be interested to play something they didn't built, besides, they don't know everything, I bet they learn a lot from the from us, the developing community. Valve said that they learnt a lot from what the players created, their ideas and so on.

Besides, no one get's scared in his own level since you know exactly what is going to happen, but if the level was made by someone else, then...

RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL - Russ Money - 06-11-2011

(06-11-2011, 01:27 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: They must be interested to play something they didn't built, besides, they don't know everything, I bet they learn a lot from the from us, the developing community. Valve said that they learnt a lot from what the players created, their ideas and so on.

Besides, no one get's scared in his own level since you know exactly what is going to happen, but if the level was made by someone else, then...

Yeah, only thing that 'scares' me from my maps is when I'm being chased by a grunt/brute. Though that's more of an "OH SHIT" moment more than being scared.