Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What the hell do I do... - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: What the hell do I do... (/thread-9293.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: What the hell do I do... - robyn11122 - 08-05-2011

(07-24-2011, 08:03 AM)TFEF Wrote: I doubt that you'll find a good gaming laptop for US $400-500. Anything with a decent video card will be upwards of around $1000.

My laptop, a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6086, was around $800. It doesn't have a decent video card, just an integrated Intel HD Graphics one.

It would probably be possible to build a kinda decent desktop for $500, though. Or check around on Craigslist, you can find some good cheap things there.

I have the exact same model with the same video card, and Amnesia isn't working for me either. :l Why is this? I keep getting the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION thing.

That is to say I also have a Toshiba Satellite with integrated Intel HD graphics.

RE: What the hell do I do... - plutomaniac - 08-05-2011

Make sure you have the latest drivers from Intel installed, 2361

RE: What the hell do I do... - robyn11122 - 08-07-2011

Unfrotunately I'm not all that tech saavy. There are two I can download, which appear the same however one is a "zip" and the other is "exe". Which would it be?

RE: What the hell do I do... - plutomaniac - 08-07-2011

the .exe one

RE: What the hell do I do... - robyn11122 - 08-08-2011

I'm having trouble installing the new driver... I used Intel's Driver Update Utility to make sure I'm downloading the right one, but it still doesn't seem to be working... After I download the file I go to install but there's an error and it says it didn't install properly... I meet the requirements, what am I doing wrong?

This is some of my information, if it's helpful.
Computer Manufacturer- TOSHIBA
Computer Model- Portable PC
Operating System (O/S)- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
System Total Storage Size: 267.9 GB
Local Disk C: 267.9 GB
Used space: 57.1 GB
Free Space: 210.8 GB
Graphics Product [1] IntelĀ® HD Graphics

...I'm at a loss Sad

RE: What the hell do I do... - lesley - 08-08-2011

(08-08-2011, 12:51 AM)robyn11122 Wrote: I'm having trouble installing the new driver... I used Intel's Driver Update Utility to make sure I'm downloading the right one, but it still doesn't seem to be working... After I download the file I go to install but there's an error and it says it didn't install properly... I meet the requirements, what am I doing wrong?

This is some of my information, if it's helpful.
Computer Manufacturer- TOSHIBA
Computer Model- Portable PC
Operating System (O/S)- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
System Total Storage Size: 267.9 GB
Local Disk C: 267.9 GB
Used space: 57.1 GB
Free Space: 210.8 GB
Graphics Product [1] IntelĀ® HD Graphics

...I'm at a loss Sad

Hi I have a toshiba satellite a505-s6005 with an intel HD accelerated media graphics. I have repeatedly tried to install that updated driver and every time it fails with a message that basically it's not verified. I don't want to uninstall the current driver and try that reboot thing; sounds like that could cause problems. So is this a hopeless situation to think I can play amnesia on my satellite laptop? Does anyone know if you can install a new graphics card when you have an internal intel graphics card? And if not...will this game work on a desktop with vista and a geforce graphics card? I just bought it from amazon and suspect I am now stuck with a game I can't use and that is Annoying. did not realize the graphics card would be such an issue.

RE: What the hell do I do... - plutomaniac - 08-08-2011

both of you, have you checked if Toshiba has released the new 2361 drivers that you need in order to play the game? Yes the game will work on laptop/desktop systems with graphics cards that support OpenGL 2.1