Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What happens after death? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: What happens after death? (/thread-21233.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: What happens after death? - failedALIAS - 04-21-2013

(04-21-2013, 10:57 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Wtf happens when we die?

Our wives screw every guy at the office, that's what happens!

I really hope death isn't some paralyzed consciousness.

RE: What happens after death? - FlawlessHappiness - 04-21-2013

(04-21-2013, 11:02 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 10:57 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Wtf happens when we die?
I really hope death isn't some paralyzed consciousness.

That would suck! Not even suck, because you'd be paralyzed... It would just be...

RE: What happens after death? - Bridge - 04-21-2013

@FailedALIAS: It's cool, I get you know.

Anyway, I understand how it could be hard for you guys to believe that I am not only interested in being right. I just respect the process through which something must go before it can be considered true or false, and have dreams of becoming a lawyer in the future. The rules of logical reasoning are so solid that in my opinion, they should be taken very seriously in most situations.

EDIT: Also, if you were to go through my posts again you would find no personal attacks, no refutations of anybody's views and most importantly no assertion that I am right. Strongly implied though, sure, but then again nobody considers all possible viewpoints equally likely to be true. Mainly I'm concerned with getting you guys to think critically about why one should believe something.

RE: What happens after death? - Froge - 04-21-2013

I believe that when people die, they awaken to realize that the universe is terribly obnoxious and has decided to inflict torturous agony on them. The physical forms of their bodies are remade in a galaxy far, far away and then they are stuffed into very tiny spaces in an extremely uncomfortable position which they cannot move away from, such as the upper body bent over like in mid backflip. And they stay in this position in this cramped space where nothing is visible. For the rest of eternity. Because the universe hates you.

(04-21-2013, 11:08 PM)Bridge Wrote: The rules of logical reasoning are so solid that in my opinion, they should be taken very seriously in most situations.

In-great-deed sir Smile

RE: What happens after death? - WALP - 04-21-2013

The human mind is 100% relyant on memories or knowledge we are born with. But it is able to give the illussion of an imagination by combining these memories and calling them something it made up it self.
Fx if you have seen a spoon, and the color red, you can image a red spoon, but you cant image a brand new color without seeing it first.
Our mind is limited to the memories we optain while being alive, so therefore we cannot imagine death since all of our memories are living memories, if there even is such thing as a dead memory.
This explains why most people jump to the life after death conclusion since they have nothing else to base their guesses on, its actually pretty rational, but is being dead a rational thing?.

RE: What happens after death? - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 04-21-2013

Ah, my dear Bridge... for some reason I often hear this posh, british (and infuriatingly condescending) voice in my head when I read your posts. Wink
I have to say though, I'm completely agreeing with your sound reasoning here. Nothingness is indeed the most logical assumption for what happens after death.

Personally, nothingness doesn't make me afraid. In fact, the prospect of an eternal life or infinite reincarnation without memory-wipe would fill me with much more fear. Just try to imagine, what that would be like... It may seem like a great thing at first, due to one's built-in will to survive and avoid death. But if you really think about it - could you handle living forever? I'm sure I couldn't. I think I'd go insane, sooner or later, feeling caged and being unable to cope with the concept of having this infinite timespan in front of me.

I like that thought Martin Smile

RE: What happens after death? - wubwub - 04-21-2013

dead white sad face and black cloth. open eyes soon and in forever hunt in big forest for all dead must survive

RE: What happens after death? - Tiger - 04-21-2013

I like that idea, Wubwub. I really like that idea.