Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) (/thread-14634.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Your Computer - 05-02-2012

(05-02-2012, 03:34 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Basically: "I don't like some of these memes as they insult my custom story/custom stories I like. The others agree with my opinion though so they're fine."
Every single one is great.

Not necessarily. Take for example the memes on replying with a wall of text or a two-word response, as if to say there can never be a time where doing such a thing is valid or practical. Or the one where the story starts with the main character having a case of amnesia or not knowing how they got there or a story on my little pony, as if a properly written story that starts like that can't be a good story or well-made mod. A great meme is one that limits its targeted group and gets the point across well without discouraging good practice.

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Cranky Old Man - 05-02-2012

(05-02-2012, 03:34 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(05-02-2012, 12:47 PM)A Luna Wrote: There are so many wrongly used memes in this thread. Some others are pretty funny though.
Basically: "I don't like some of these memes as they insult my custom story/custom stories I like. The others agree with my opinion though so they're fine."
Every single one is great.
I think they're wrong, but for a different reason: I know that I used the "date-searching axe-murderer" meme wrong, because that meme is about writing something sinister above him, and then continuing the sentence in an innocent way, like basically "I would KILL ... for someone who likes long walks at the beach.". I didn't use the picture as a meme, because frankly the meme sucked.

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Mehis - 05-02-2012

Who the hell cares? They are reaction pictures! You might feel the same way as the picture shows you.

"Hey guys! Lets make memes super serious too because it's too mainstream not to know anything about them jwakdjwakldhawdjoawjdawjk"

[Image: 19835648.jpg]

[Image: 19835827.jpg]

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - palistov - 05-04-2012

OMG I forgot all about this thread! Holy crap you guys have some HILARIOUS memes. I love that Success Kid one about unlocking the door. Haha!

[Image: grunt-spawn.jpg]

[Image: brown-pants.jpg]

[Image: grunts-doors-mainstream.jpg]

[Image: mainstream-mainstream.jpg]

[Image: gggrunt-attack.jpg]

Me as a modder, 1 year ago:

[Image: i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing.jpeg]

Me as a modder, today:

[Image: i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing.jpeg]

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Serena - 05-04-2012

[Image: hipstergrunt.jpg]
I posted this some months ago, after watching someone's video who was wondering why his monster pathing was wrong xP

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - darkadders - 05-04-2012

[Image: touch.jpg]

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Statyk - 05-04-2012

^^^
XD

Here's one for ya:
[Image: Hkc8T.jpg]

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Danny Boy - 05-04-2012

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - A Luna - 05-05-2012

(05-02-2012, 07:31 PM)Mehis Wrote: Who the hell cares? They are reaction pictures! You might feel the same way as the picture shows you.

"Hey guys! Lets make memes super serious too because it's too mainstream not to know anything about them jwakdjwakldhawdjoawjdawjk"
Looks like your jimmies are a bit rustled mate.

RE: Amnesia Mod creation (A meme thread) - Cranky Old Man - 05-08-2012

[Image: 2ccse4x.jpg]

[Image: 14lu0qe.jpg]