Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Suggestion: Improve the forums- - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Improve the forums- (/thread-10003.html)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestion: Improve the forums- - nemesis567 - 08-27-2011

Well, I think your(frictional games) web developer should improve the forums in the following ways:

-Increase Max PMs.
-Allow WYSIWYG text editor for posts.
-Add a shoutbox.
-Improve the visual of the forums.

I personally wouldn't have used myBB but either phpbb if you are not interested in wasting money or vBulletin.

Either way I think these features are essencial for us regular users and none of these is hard to implement with the use of plugins or simple tweaks.

Users please /support or /nosupport this-

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - Miss Rigi - 08-27-2011

The only improvement I want for this forum is a fix for what caused me to have to make another account. I used up my log in attempts and there was a timer, but every time I would wait it out the timer would refresh, effectively rendering my original account inaccessible.

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - GraphicsKid - 08-27-2011

What I REALLY want to see is SOME WAY to quickly see a list of all the topics that I have started, and see which ones have had posts yet. Why do I need to search for myself????

As far as I can tell, almost NO forums do this, and it drives me crazy! Does nobody else want this feature???

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - Juby - 08-27-2011

I like the idea of a shoutbox, you could potentially get answers quicker and chat with friends.

/support

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - plutomaniac - 08-27-2011

(08-27-2011, 04:15 AM)GraphicsKid Wrote: What I REALLY want to see is SOME WAY to quickly see a list of all the topics that I have started, and see which ones have had posts yet. Why do I need to search for myself????

As far as I can tell, almost NO forums do this, and it drives me crazy! Does nobody else want this feature???

Enable Instant Email notification through the control panel.

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - eliasfrost - 08-27-2011

@nemesis: I totally agree on the max PM suggestion, it gets really annoying once the PM box is full and you need to send e-mails which is just unnecessary.

@GraphicsKid: You don't need to use the search feature, you can just go into your profile view and click the button "Find all threads". That's not too hard, isn't it? ^^

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - Arvuti - 08-27-2011

(08-27-2011, 04:14 AM)Miss Rigi Wrote: The only improvement I want for this forum is a fix for what caused me to have to make another account. I used up my log in attempts and there was a timer, but every time I would wait it out the timer would refresh, effectively rendering my original account inaccessible.

Fyi that's why you should use auto login :v

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - waqas12346 - 08-28-2011

Also maybe, "Like this comment or post" and "Dislike this comment or post"
Just like.... Rating the comments or posts!!!

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - GraphicsKid - 08-28-2011

(08-27-2011, 10:14 AM)nackidno Wrote: @GraphicsKid: You don't need to use the search feature, you can just go into your profile view and click the button "Find all threads". That's not too hard, isn't it? ^^

It should be something on the front page. Tongue I don't need email notifications either, I check this practically every day, I just get sick of having to slog through pages of other topics to find mine.

RE: Suggestion: Improve the forums- - Miss Rigi - 08-30-2011

(08-27-2011, 08:28 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Fyi that's why you should use auto login :v

Oh, don't get me wrong, I did. However, I was in Santa Fe and had no access to my computer, therefore on my phone.