Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Was Amnesia your first horror game? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Was Amnesia your first horror game? (/thread-10705.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game? - Crusade - 10-19-2011

Doom 3 and Silent hill nuff said lol.

RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game? - Tintin - 10-19-2011

My first horror game experience was the original Alone in the Dark, back in the early 1990's. The Lovecraft themes freaked me out. I never conciously played horror games after that but some games had several horror-based levels (think the excellent Looking Glass Studios' Thief series).

RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game? - RawkBandMan - 10-19-2011

Weirdly, yes. I thought I was retarted.
WHY PICK THE SCARIEST F**KING GAME EVER AS YOUR FIRST EXPERIENCE TO HORROR?
I honestly have never seen a horror movie before this, game, or anything. The closest thing I had come to horror was those stupid face scares on Youtube. Damn those we're scary when they surprised you. After Amnesia, I became the hugest fan of horror ever. I am constantly looking for games that will make me shit myself, my newest one being Afraid of Monsters Directors Cut (Which scared me alot, thanks.) I had watched other people play the storage ALOT because I loved their reactions that I thought F**K IT I HAVE TO TRY IT! Demo, loved, full game, loved. I will never forget my awesome choice to get this.

RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game? - Kman - 10-19-2011

well amnesia was my first horror game, but i had been a hardcore horror movie addict for about a year and a half before i played it so i had experience with the genre. still though, it doesn't matter how many movies i saw, amnesia still freaked me out badly... haha it was kind of a mental slap across the face for me finally realizing "see this? THIS is true horror really is. no movie will ever be able to prepare you for this."

RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game? - Brute - 10-19-2011

I played horror adventure games before Amnesia. Just one word : Scratches !!!
Very Creepy... Wink

RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game? - Gunslingerjh - 10-19-2011

I've played Dead Space, Doom 3, Resident evil 2,4 and 5, Scratches, Penumbra ofcourse! and Condemned.

RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game? - Yuhaney - 10-19-2011

No.

(10-19-2011, 10:43 AM)Scraper Wrote: No.

Best answer ever! Big Grin
I also played Penumbra before Amnesia. Can't await the next game from Frictional Games! Smile

RE: Was Amnesia your first horror game? - Yuhaney - 10-19-2011

(10-19-2011, 06:14 PM)Brute Wrote: Can't await the next game from Frictional Games! Smile

I quote for you:

(01-20-2011, 02:47 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I can't even guess what next game gonna be!
(01-20-2011, 03:22 PM)jens Wrote: cow eating grass simulator

There, now you know! Tongue

Yay I love cows!
YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Big Grin Big Grin