Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General (/thread-11455.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Wooderson - 12-08-2011

If the thread was totally pointless and has no life and probably never will have life again then fair enough, no need to bump it... But I think bumping threads is an essential method of getting people to see a thread and if it does have a good purpose to it then it's fine to bump.

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Dewi - 12-16-2011

Well, I like the fact this was bumped.. If it was, that is. I won't bother checking the thread starting time due to being on a slow iPod..

When I entered this section earlier, I saw all the LP threads and thought to myself.. 'Probably not a section where I can enter the community'. However, I still will do it here.

I'd like to thank Cry for this advice, considering the fact I've been thinking of doing Let's Play videos (although I still need to figure out how to record it.. the free version of Fraps isn't going to work out).

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - WookieMang - 12-16-2011

Let me be the first.

Tl;dr

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Karai16 - 12-18-2011

Ha, handy tips indeed.
But sadly, I hardly LP Amnesia. The only times I do is when somebody asks me to beta for them, and wants to have a recording to see the ingame experience of the player.
But thanks anyways, I'll keep it in mind

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Streetboat - 12-18-2011

You're the man, cry. I have one question, and this may have been answered already on the many questions you respond to on your YouTube channel, but I would be interested in knowing: how old are you? You sound... 20-ish. Good guess?

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Cryaotic - 12-18-2011

(12-18-2011, 05:31 AM)Streetboat Wrote: You're the man, cry. I have one question, and this may have been answered already on the many questions you respond to on your YouTube channel, but I would be interested in knowing: how old are you? You sound... 20-ish. Good guess?
Good guess indeed - I am 22. :]

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Acies - 12-18-2011

(12-18-2011, 05:31 AM)Streetboat Wrote: You're the man, cry. I have one question, and this may have been answered already on the many questions you respond to on your YouTube channel, but I would be interested in knowing: how old are you? You sound... 20-ish. Good guess?
Your question spawned some curiosity on the matter and I remembered I read some articles Cryaotic made on games. I however failed to find them on google.
(12-18-2011, 07:55 PM)Cryaotic Wrote:
This statement does cross-reference correctly to the source I stumbled upon. Are you by chance working as a plumber?

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Cryaotic - 12-18-2011

(12-18-2011, 08:12 PM)Acies Wrote:
This statement does cross-reference correctly to the source I stumbled upon. Are you by chance working as a plumber?
The only experience I have as a plumber was when I was about 2 my mother took a picture of me trying to use a plunger on the toilet while holding my ass with the other hand.

It was apparently adorable, or so I am told.

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - DitzyDaffy - 12-19-2011

(11-22-2011, 07:38 PM)Cryaotic Wrote:
(11-22-2011, 07:17 PM)Your Computer Wrote: If people miss Jens's topic and the Showcase sub-forum anyway, what makes you think making this topic a sticky will guide the "blind"?
Something tells me if I just change the topic title to 'Naked Grunt in the act' it'll get those blind people's attention - however I fully agree with your sentiment.

Stickied topics are almost always overlooked, it'd be best to just keep it where it is and hope a curious sort clicks on it and gives the time to read its contents.
Aren't grunts already naked? o.e

RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - Streetboat - 01-02-2012

Interesting. You're only a year older than me.