Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread (/thread-11760.html)

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - CarnivorousJelly - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 03:09 AM)Rapture Wrote: Your question of "weirdness" is vague, I'm not even sure to what your referring to. All I see is a badly positioned/rotated Spotlight Gobo.
Which part is weird, the green or the blue? Or something else...
Ah, sorry, I should've been a bit clearer about that. The green area fits what I was trying to explain the best.

(06-07-2013, 03:09 AM)Rapture Wrote: Re-creating what your doing, to see what potential problems might come up... All I found was the spotlight would leak through the Window. So I put a Black Screen to block some of it.

Didn't spend much time on it, the angle/size of the Spotlight Gobo is wrong. But with messing around with the Radius, FOV and playing with each X/Y/Z rotational values, you shouldn't have any problems getting it the way you want.

I certainly wasn't expecting such comprehensive help, thank you!

I tried fixing it.
Spoiler below!

[Image: yay_patterned_floors_by_rueppells_fox-d683d7o.png]
The bottom image has a dirt floor because the gobos are virtually invisible in the top image. So my question now is: keep the gobos or just forget about them since they're not that visible anyways?

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - VeNoMzTeamHysterical - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 05:52 AM)Kiandra Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 03:09 AM)Rapture Wrote: Your question of "weirdness" is vague, I'm not even sure to what your referring to. All I see is a badly positioned/rotated Spotlight Gobo.
Which part is weird, the green or the blue? Or something else...
Ah, sorry, I should've been a bit clearer about that. The green area fits what I was trying to explain the best.

(06-07-2013, 03:09 AM)Rapture Wrote: Re-creating what your doing, to see what potential problems might come up... All I found was the spotlight would leak through the Window. So I put a Black Screen to block some of it.

Didn't spend much time on it, the angle/size of the Spotlight Gobo is wrong. But with messing around with the Radius, FOV and playing with each X/Y/Z rotational values, you shouldn't have any problems getting it the way you want.

I certainly wasn't expecting such comprehensive help, thank you!

I tried fixing it.
Spoiler below!

The bottom image has a dirt floor because the gobos are virtually invisible in the top image. So my question now is: keep the gobos or just forget about them since they're not that visible anyways?

OMG The light of those windows are really nice!

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - FlawlessHappiness - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 05:52 AM)Kiandra Wrote: I tried fixing it.
Spoiler below!

I'm just a little concerned about how it looks when played in-game. What if you stood inside the light. Would it be obvious that it's just billboards?

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - The chaser - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 04:09 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 02:16 PM)BeeKayK Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I'm just a little concerned about how it looks when played in-game. What if you stood inside the light. Would it be obvious that it's just billboards?
There are ways of fading billboards out as you get close to them.

Wait, it exists? How can I do so?

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - ExpectedIdentifier - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 04:53 PM)The chaser Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Wait, it exists? How can I do so?

You need to check the halo box under the billboard tab for the billboard in question. You can then set the distance from the billboard that you want it to be invisible with the halo source size boxes.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - CarnivorousJelly - 06-07-2013

(06-07-2013, 05:10 PM)Robosprog Wrote: This - but be warned, this will also mean they fade off behind objects like real light do, and if you mess up the halos can be visible completely through objects.

If you use the yellow light-ray texture (not the no-depth one) that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Although I found a halo size between 1~2 (in all directions) works best to keep them from getting too weird :D

(and thanks, Venomz, I've been working really hard on improving my lighting lately c: )

[Image: f03n8i.jpg]

In HPL i know but to lazy to make it in game anyway cost me like 4hours o.0.
The ceiling took forever also made a little open split you can't see it since i still have to place billboard Wink
Feedback, Thanks.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Rapture - 06-07-2013

The idea is good, but seriously take a screenshot in Amnesia. The darkness is bad enough already, don't need all that useless junk on screen.

I would move the cobweb a bit down or add a dim point-light/spotlight next to it, that specific cobweb glows in the dark (Their is another that doesn't, but it's really dim also).

(06-07-2013, 10:30 PM)Rapture Wrote: The idea is good, but seriously take a screenshot in Amnesia. The darkness is bad enough already, don't need all that useless junk on screen.

I would move the cobweb a bit down or add a dim point-light/spotlight next to it, that specific cobweb glows in the dark (Their is another that doesn't, but it's really dim also).

Oke thanks for the feedback helps me allot +1 Wink

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - FlawlessHappiness - 06-08-2013

Spoiler below!

Yes, but they're not 100% working. I've been playing a little with them, and yes, if I look at the billboards while being close to them, they disappear, but if I look away from them, while being inside them, they appear, which doesn't look very good Sad Though, great work Kiandra. Are you doing a custom story, or just being awesome?