Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread (/thread-11760.html)

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Hardarm - 08-17-2013

(08-16-2013, 02:16 AM)TheGareBearDoesNotWaver Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 05:28 PM)Hardarm Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 05:23 PM)i3670 Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 05:19 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: How do rooms EVEN get this messy lol?

release date reveal....

Reply to Hardarm - It is a scene and the player will not be active at the moment it is shown. Therefore I need some advice on the billboards.

They look pretty good! but make them more faint. (referring to the radial blur ones)
Hardarm you piece of shit.

>2013

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - CorinthianMerchant - 08-19-2013

(08-15-2013, 04:59 PM)Hardarm Wrote: [Image: Robosprogroomspiderowuoeuoe01.png]

[Image: Robosprogroomspiderowuoeuoe02.png]
Hardarm, your maps are so sexy it's unbelievable...

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Streetboat - 08-20-2013

I'm looking for ideas to detail this place. It's a big old steampunk boiler room; these are casks of hot water and various liquids that are pumped out to different areas. I have the lighting I like, but it all feels generic still. I'm looking for ideas on what to do with the area, not criticism on what I already have, thanks. Smile

[Image: poHWaDt.jpg]

[Image: NSte1yN.jpg]

(Right-click > view image for full resolution)

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - CarnivorousJelly - 08-20-2013

Hmm... when I think of steampunk, I always think of gears. Some sort of furnace to heat up the water for steam, behind a grate with a whole bunch of moving gears in front of it casting shadows, would look really neat I think. But that's just me :p

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - The chaser - 08-20-2013

(08-20-2013, 08:53 AM)Kiandra Wrote: steampunk

When I hear that word, I can only think in this:

[Image: NNwUOQ4.jpg]

(08-20-2013, 08:53 AM)Kiandra Wrote: Hmm... when I think of steampunk, I always think of gears. Some sort of furnace to heat up the water for steam, behind a grate with a whole bunch of moving gears in front of it casting shadows, would look really neat I think. But that's just me :p

That is an excellent idea. I had large machines in the other room which fed heat through pipes into the boilers, but no moving parts or indication that they made heat. I'll get on that. Smile

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - The chaser - 08-20-2013

Okay, jokes besides, you should look for orange lamps: usually, steampunk stuff has orange-ish lamps, and there are quite some in The Great Work (CS). If you want, you can ask for permission and then use them. Or I can do one, if you wish...

Also, it's called steampunk because a reason: Steam. You might want to add some steam pouring out of a
pipe, and I would also add dust particles, and I'd improve the window at the top too, it isn't really interesting. You might want to put some more billboards there Smile

I made it more pipe-y and open. I also created an actual two-step mechanism that will probably become a puzzle later for heating up the water. It'll be kinda like the lighthouse switch puzzle from Deterioration, but clearer. Tongue

[Image: 3hvQykG.jpg]

[Image: qgu7epI.jpg]

[Image: TS5gpbd.jpg]

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Rapture - 08-20-2013

That billboard on the ceiling (First picture) is a bit to bright for how dark the room is. Add a spotlight in the center with a large, faint dark orange tint to brighten the room up. And place another similiar spotlight but smaller, and brighter near where the billboard is.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - 7heDubz - 08-20-2013

It's a glare effect, glares are always (almost) really bright,