Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread (/thread-11760.html)

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Zokrar - 10-21-2013

Ooo, so it does actually. That could work.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Kurton - 10-21-2013

Shag carpet!

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - CarnivorousJelly - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 12:34 AM)Zokrar Wrote: Tried making my own grass plane... does this look 'too' detailed? Something seems off about it to me.
<image>

I think it's because the grass is a little bit 'flattened' looking. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I think these pictures might do a better job than my words: image 1, image 2, image 3.
It's the depth - making the grass look like it goes down instead of just side-ways (which is why it looks more like pine needles/shag carpet than grass)

Hope that helps c:

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Gilligan's Hell - 10-21-2013

I've been experimenting with billboards and this happened...

i think i fucked up but i guess otherwise.

[Image: Screen_Screenshot_036.jpg]
[Image: Screen_Screenshot_030.jpg]
[Image: Screen_Screenshot_031.jpg]
[Image: Screen_Screenshot_035.jpg]

Give me your honest opinions...

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Gilligan's Hell - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 12:53 PM)Robosprog Wrote: You're using no depth halo billboards, right?
Correct.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - The chaser - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 04:08 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [Image: amnesia-2.jpg]

Made this a while back, what do you guys think?

That it's awesome. What else could I think?

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - FlawlessHappiness - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 07:55 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Well, shit, my plan to get peeps to criticize FG maps failed.

Ah well, let's look at what's wrong with it:

Billboards and particles clipping with objects really obviously, light leaks on other side of the room, lack of decals (Static or otherwise) as well with a very bland roof.

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS SMELLING FISHY!

It's from the study isn't it?

Bland roof doesn't hurt me much, since your focus is on the floor, and the desk on the end of the room.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Gilligan's Hell - 10-22-2013

Fixed the Billboards a bit, Not really a big change but i made them a bit more faint.

[Image: Screen_Screenshot_041.jpg]
[Image: Screen_Screenshot_042.jpg]

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Artyom - 10-22-2013

Spoiler below!

(10-22-2013, 08:04 AM)endosine Wrote: Fixed the Billboards a bit, Not really a big change but i made them a bit more faint.

[Image: Screen_Screenshot_041.jpg]
[Image: Screen_Screenshot_042.jpg]

Looks alright although I really liked the exaggerated billboards, although I always like when colour is exaggerated Smile

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - thomthom44 - 10-23-2013

Hey everyone, Good to be back and with the new fresh assets I’m back on track. This time however I’m going to be a bit more careful about my story! What did do well on my last CS "Castle Dorian" Was the environment. They seemed to like it allot so now it’s up to me again to prove I can do even better. Here are a few screenshots of a Map that I’m working on. Note that no particles or billboards have been used yet. And the final could look slightly different!

And My pc is no monster, So I could not make HQ Screens and look a bit odd Sorry! Witch is strange because in game it looks way better!

[Image: jvhb.jpg]

[Image: aune.jpg]

[Image: k7zx.jpg]