Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread (/thread-11760.html)

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - FlawlessHappiness - 04-21-2013

How many billboards did you use for the windows Kiandra? In those old pictures.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - CarnivorousJelly - 04-21-2013

(04-21-2013, 12:31 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: How many billboards did you use for the windows Kiandra? In those old pictures.

In the really yellow picture? Probably 30 or so per window - enough to outline the entire window and then fill the inside with randomly angled billboards.

In the reddish pictures: the ones with curtains, I used 10, the completely open window, I used 29 - most only because I had to shorten specific billboards so they didn't clip through doors and the vase. On a completely open window where clipping was only an issue with the floor, I used 21

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - PutraenusAlivius - 04-21-2013

Just two screenshots from my bedroom in AFM.

Spoiler below!
[Image: vg2bgo.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: DaMppzF.jpg]

(04-21-2013, 01:03 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Just two screenshots from my bedroom in AFM.
[images here]

The lighting in those looks much better! Maybe try putting the alpha of that pointlight right infront of the window on 0 so it doesn't make the glass so bright.

Nice job cutting out some of the extra space by the way, that corner's surprisingly effective. If you're looking for more stuff to go in the room, I'd try putting a carpet on the floor and throwing a few paintings on the wall, maybe adding a chair or sofa by the fireplace - this is someone's bedroom and most likely not a prisoner's room, so comfort is an option Smile I like what you have in the room already, though; it suits the layout nicely! I'm not sure the number of lamps is necessary however, I would reduce the number of lamps to just the three by the doors - even then, I might get rid of one of the two lamps beside the door or move one to the corner wall and place it closer to the door near the fireplace.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Rapture - 04-21-2013

(1) Need some more props like rugs, grunge decals on the floor, and furniture/paintings near the walls.

(2) Lighting is nice, I think your firesticks could be rotated more outwards from the fireplace. Because the model itself has a Spotlight with Shadows on.

(3) To many lamps (6!?) near the door. Tone it down to 1 or 2.

(4) The spotlight is a bit to large. The sun is far away, the spotlight Gobo should not be that enormous and should be higher on the Z axis to show a noon setting (White light). At the present angle, the color should be either have a lighter white and/or other morning colors, or orangish/yellow to signify dusk.

(5) Add a regular fog particle, and make the colors very light (0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 1) and place it as close as you can to the window but make sure the particles don't blatantly clip through the walls/floor.

(6) Could try adding a couple of very light colored billboards for a more lively scene.

(7) For gameplay immersion reasons, the clock you have could have a tick-tock sound playing.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Hardarm - 04-21-2013

(04-20-2013, 11:56 PM)Kiandra Wrote: Oh man, I forgot about those screenshots! That was such a long time ago. Hehe. Euhm, thanks? Smile

Holy shit Kiandra your screenshots would make even my dark side fall in love. What do you think about the latest one I posted?

(04-21-2013, 08:45 AM)Hardarm Wrote: Holy shit Kiandra your screenshots would make even my dark side fall in love. What do you think about the latest one I posted?

Your screenshots are always amazing and recognizable (your style of mapping is pretty memorable I guess). The colouring scheme is always coherent in some way - even with the static objects (which is really really hard to do). Seriously, you understand mapping a lot better than I do, so all I can do is sit here and throw compliments (I can't think of anything that I would even want to change. I'd probably just sit in your maps and gawk at how wonderful they are).

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Streetboat - 04-22-2013

Them's fightin words buster Tongue

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Adny - 04-22-2013

Streetboat > Hardarm

just saiyan.

RE: Screenshot criticism thread - Kman - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 02:11 AM)Adny Wrote: Streetboat > Hardarm

just saiyan.

...Yeeeeah this