Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Hermoor's models II - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Resources (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-42.html)
+---- Thread: Hermoor's models II (/thread-11966.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Hermoor's models II - Kman - 12-22-2011

(12-22-2011, 04:45 PM)Hermoor Wrote: [b]kman[/b] : The monster from minecraft, he is just a black shape. For something like that to look good it needs to have particles or some kind of smoke or something coming out of it.
ummm... you're thinking of endermen. endermen are based off the slenderman mythos. one is an enemy in a video game, another is a monster created by internet people. here's an image of him:

Spoiler below!
[Image: ipwkn7.jpg]

he's also the main "bad guy" i guess you could say on this webshow marble hornets if you need another example.

willing to reconsider?

RE: Hermoor's models II - Danny Boy - 12-22-2011

(12-22-2011, 11:33 PM)kman Wrote:
(12-22-2011, 04:45 PM)Hermoor Wrote: [b]kman[/b] : The monster from minecraft, he is just a black shape. For something like that to look good it needs to have particles or some kind of smoke or something coming out of it.
ummm... you're thinking of endermen. endermen are based off the slenderman mythos. one is an enemy in a video game, another is a monster created by internet people. here's an image of him:

Spoiler below!

he's also the main "bad guy" i guess you could say on this webshow marble hornets if you need another example.

willing to reconsider?
hey hmmm i wouldn't be exactly a 3D object.... but if it is endermen from minecraft think i could change the water lurker so it looks exactly like him! i have done something similar in a.....mod.... if you want him pm me and i'll try to help you Big Grin but i can only help you 24 december >.> cuss i have to finish dark room 2 first.

RE: Hermoor's models II - Kman - 12-23-2011

(12-22-2011, 11:58 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(12-22-2011, 11:33 PM)kman Wrote:

Spoiler below!

willing to reconsider?
hey hmmm i wouldn't be exactly a 3D object.... but if it is endermen from minecraft think i could change the water lurker so it looks exactly like him! i have done something similar in a.....mod.... if you want him pm me and i'll try to help you Big Grin but i can only help you 24 december >.> cuss i have to finish dark room 2 first.
haha it wasn't actually for anything specific, it's just that i would be thinking about using it in the future Tongue nothing really urgent.

RE: Hermoor's models II - Vipes - 12-24-2011

There is a few things I need for my custom story, if you'll willing to take a crack at it. Of course, if they are made, care to give me a link to the files?

-Electric Lights-
Victorian style table lamps, about 2-3 different designs
Victorian style dome lights. (Dome lights are the things that are on the ceiling.)

-Trophies-
Stuffed Bears, mounted Deer heads, ect.
Bear skinned rug

-Pool-
Pool Table
Pool Cue
Pool Balls
Pool Cue Rack

-Mirrors-
Unbroken wall
Unbroken small fancy
Unbroken standing mirror
Unbroken desk mirror

-Fireplaces-
Fancy, Victorian style fireplaces. 2-3 would do.

Thats all I need I think.

RE: Hermoor's models II - Kman - 12-24-2011

You're not gonna be able to get an unbroken mirror made, since there isn't any model for the character, and because of that it would look like the player is just some invisible floating camera. Also, the only way I could think of you mirroring a room is if you construct the exact same room on the other side of it, but just flipped around.

(12-24-2011, 05:07 AM)kman Wrote: You're not gonna be able to get an unbroken mirror made, since there isn't any model for the character, and because of that it would look like the player is just some invisible floating camera. Also, the only way I could think of you mirroring a room is if you construct the exact same room on the other side of it, but just flipped around.
I don't mind that the character is seen not in the mirror. And I can not do they way you said based on my CS's layout.

RE: Hermoor's models II - Your Computer - 12-24-2011

If world reflection is on and the texture is a water texture, then it should be able to reflect the room.

(12-24-2011, 05:26 AM)Your Computer Wrote: If world reflection is on and the texture is a water texture, then it should be able to reflect the room.
Did a quick test, I may have done it wrong, but it did not.

RE: Hermoor's models II - EpicLisbe - 12-28-2011

new enemy for my custom story please i would use it outside like coming from bushes pretty small like this http://tinyurl.com/3kc39sz

RE: Hermoor's models II - xdeath - 01-05-2012

Could I get a pack of matches, or a lighter and lighter fluid. I need a more modern substitute for tinderboxes.