Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
* Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.3 NO LAG) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.3 NO LAG) (/thread-12064.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - Cryaotic - 12-26-2011

This was wonderful - great work Statyk.

Hope to see more of your stuff, you definitely put a lot of polish on your custom stories and that's always welcome.

RE: * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - Kman - 12-26-2011

Hope i get to play this soon Smile been having some trouble with getting it to work due to it being a full conversion. (and if you say "lolmac" one more time i will murder you)

RE: * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - Mine Turtle - 12-26-2011

amazing story man! props to ya! ^^

RE: * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - Statyk - 12-26-2011

Thanks a ton guys! =] I really love all the comments! And kman, I'll try getting a mac version up. I need you to be the tester for it though, as I do not use a mac.

RE: * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - Kman - 12-26-2011

(12-26-2011, 04:38 PM)Statyk Wrote: Thanks a ton guys! =] I really love all the comments! And kman, I'll try getting a mac version up. I need you to be the tester for it though, as I do not use a mac.

Cool then! My dad's actually been helping me with making an applescript to get it working, if he figures it out i'll send it to you Smile or if you figure something out before then just hit me up on skype with it and i'll check it out.

RE: (NEED MAC TESTER) * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - Statyk - 12-26-2011

(I am in need of a tester for the MAC conversion. If anyone would like to test the script for me, please PM me and I'll give you a link to download. Thank you! I apologize that it is late!)

RE: (NEED MAC TESTER) * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - thesnake - 12-26-2011

Seems good, you should put it on moddb. Although I can't play it because I have a problem...

"Could not load main init file: Oh Silent Night/silent_config/silent_main_init.cfg"

Yes I have Justine installed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I solved the problem.

Unlike other custom stories, your .bat directs to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Desent\redist\Oh Silent Night\silent_config\silent_main_init.cfg"

This is just not the case with other custom stories such as White Night 1.0.

Typically, done like other conversions, it would direct to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Desent\redist\silent_config\silent_main_init.cfg"

Basically, I extracted multiple folders to the redist folder, instead of extracting the single "Oh Silent Night" to the redist folder.

RE: (NEED MAC TESTER) * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - Statyk - 12-26-2011

(12-26-2011, 09:14 PM)thesnake Wrote: Seems good, you should put it on moddb. Although I can't play it because I have a problem...

"Could not load main init file: Oh Silent Night/silent_config/silent_main_init.cfg"

Yes I have Justine installed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I solved the problem.

Unlike other custom stories, your .bat directs to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Desent\redist\Oh Silent Night\silent_config\silent_main_init.cfg"

This is just not the case with other custom stories such as White Night 1.0.

Typically, done like other conversions, it would direct to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia - The Dark Desent\redist\silent_config\silent_main_init.cfg"

Basically, I extracted multiple folders to the redist folder, instead of extracting the single "Oh Silent Night" to the redist folder.
So your redist is filled with "silent_*" folders? O.o

RE: (NEED MAC TESTER) * Oh Silent Night * - A TC Christmas Special Campaign (v1.2) - thesnake - 12-26-2011

(12-26-2011, 10:10 PM)Statyk Wrote: So your redist is filled with "silent_*" folders? O.o
In the same way it was filled with "whitenight_" folders.

I just assumed you went the same way as other TC creators. This is obviously better for uninstalling and keeping the redist clean.

Anyways, I loved it.

Well, I'm glad you got it working =] Thank you for the comment!