Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? (/thread-12346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Damascus Rose - 07-05-2012

Black Plague seemed much more well designed and had a lot more cool ideas in my opinion than Overture. And yeah, Requiem was just a pretty cool puzzle game which I enjoyed racing to finish with my brother.

Alexander's gatherers all the way. His monsters have way more physical strength (as they kill you faster), and have massive weapons for limbs. Not to mention you can easily defeat the Tuurngait by repeatedly lightly hitting them in the shins with boxes.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-05-2012

(07-05-2012, 05:01 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Black Plague seemed much more well designed and had a lot more cool ideas in my opinion than Overture. And yeah, Requiem was just a pretty cool puzzle game which I enjoyed racing to finish with my brother.

Alexander's gatherers all the way. His monsters have way more physical strength (as they kill you faster), and have massive weapons for limbs. Not to mention you can easily defeat the Tuurngait by repeatedly lightly hitting them in the shins with boxes.
True, but remember, the Tuurngait themselves are a kind of sentient virus. The Infected are indeed weaker than the Gatherers... but what happens when a Gatherer gets infected?

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Damascus Rose - 07-05-2012

Well, the gatherers are already being controlled by Alexander. But that is a good question. What would happen if they get infected? Maybe they will take over the body, but maybe Alexander's control can push them out.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-05-2012

(07-05-2012, 04:09 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Well, the gatherers are already being controlled by Alexander. But that is a good question. What would happen if they get infected? Maybe they will take over the body, but maybe Alexander's control can push them out.
Hadn't thought of that, course Alexander might be smart enough to make the machine seen in Black Plague. So he could use that vs Tuurngait. This debate is making me want to see this conflict even more Big Grin

Yeah, I think if Alexander figured out how to make that machine he'd win for sure. He would probably keep some of his workers sectioned off from where the virus could infect them to have them help him work on it. Also, it takes a while for the Tuurngait effects to set in so he'd probably have lots of time.

(07-05-2012, 06:44 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Yeah, I think if Alexander figured out how to make that machine he'd win for sure. He would probably keep some of his workers sectioned off from where the virus could infect them to have them help him work on it. Also, it takes a while for the Tuurngait effects to set in so he'd probably have lots of time.
Great points there...he would win. Of course, if he's tougher than the main enemy from Penumbra... then how tough/dangerous are the enemies in Amnesia A Machine For Pumba (I mean Pigs).

I think if they follow the same style of monster then they can't get much harder than the ones in Amnesia, or it will be ridiculous. If they were stronger they would be faster and instakill you every time? Hm, now that I think about it that wouldn't be too bad, cause if you see one you aren't gonna try any sneaky business knowing you can escape him. That would be cool, and scary.

(07-05-2012, 07:50 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I think if they follow the same style of monster then they can't get much harder than the ones in Amnesia, or it will be ridiculous. If they were stronger they would be faster and instakill you every time? Hm, now that I think about it that wouldn't be too bad, cause if you see one you aren't gonna try any sneaky business knowing you can escape him. That would be cool, and scary.
Why stop their? They can be smarter than the Gatherers. The Infected, while weak, were pretty intelligent. Being able to kill you in one strike is scary enough, but add increased IQ and you will be terrified to let it see you Big Grin

Actually, a smart monster to me would be 10x scarier than anything with nothing but strength. I sure hope they update AI in the new amnesia, because if they don't it will be a major disappointment, and won't be as scary. But I heard they are doing work with AI.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - MaZiCUT - 07-05-2012

Meh to be honest, after playing the second Penumbra the scariest shit is the infected and the brutes, the infected wins in terrifying the shit out of you though.