Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? (/thread-12346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-05-2012

(07-05-2012, 09:57 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Actually, a smart monster to me would be 10x scarier than anything with nothing but strength. I sure hope they update AI in the new amnesia, because if they don't it will be a major disappointment, and won't be as scary. But I heard they are doing work with AI.
It's good to hear that their AI will be improved. Aside from the Kaernk, you can hide from the Amnesia TDD monsters by placing a box over your head. One has to wonder an IQ of a monster of a box over the head makes you invisible to them Tongue.

What I would like to see, is the smarter monsters plan traps for you!

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Damascus Rose - 07-05-2012

It would be cool if the monsters did plan traps yeah, but maybe it could be a scripted event. It would be cool to be captured by them from a trap, and not an ambush.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-06-2012

(07-05-2012, 11:32 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: It would be cool if the monsters did plan traps yeah, but maybe it could be a scripted event. It would be cool to be captured by them from a trap, and not an ambush.
I was thinking of them picking up stuff that you could (well.. mostly), and setting it up as a trap (I like your idea of using it to capture you instead of an ambush).

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Damascus Rose - 07-06-2012

I think that would be kinda complex to script and there would be a lot of nitty gritty stuff for something that may not be that interesting. If it was implemented properly it sounds good. But do pigs really seem that intelligent.. The one from the video certainly seemed like he was strong enough to just chase you and kill you.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 01:34 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I think that would be kinda complex to script and there would be a lot of nitty gritty stuff for something that may not be that interesting. If it was implemented properly it sounds good. But do pigs really seem that intelligent.. The one from the video certainly seemed like he was strong enough to just chase you and kill you.
I think you're right, it should be a scripted event to be easier (unless the creators found a easy way to do it). The pig-like monster certainly seemed strong. Hopefully we will get a new trailer for A Machine for Pigs to learn more about this or other monsters.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Damascus Rose - 07-06-2012

Actually, I don't want info on the monsters so much (it will spoil them in the game!) I just want to see some more pictures and concept art Big Grin

(07-06-2012, 02:52 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Actually, I don't want info on the monsters so much (it will spoil them in the game!) I just want to see some more pictures and concept art Big Grin
That's what I'm saying as well. Well, that and another 'Monster Teaser' like the Pig Monster from the first Amnesia A Machine for Pigs trailer.

Yes, as long as it's just a teaser. I sure don't wanna see it before I see it in the game, so when I do see it I'll shit even more bricks to add to the bricks I've already shat up until the first encounter.

(07-06-2012, 04:44 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Yes, as long as it's just a teaser. I sure don't wanna see it before I see it in the game, so when I do see it I'll shit even more bricks to add to the bricks I've already shat up until the first encounter.
If you do see the Pig Monster in game, make sure you do NOT have any pork or bacon on you Tongue

Or it will go rampant at the smell of his dead buddies and tear my body into tiny pieces?