Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? (/thread-12346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 04:56 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Or it will go rampant at the smell of his dead buddies and tear my body into tiny pieces?
Yup. Think of it, if you smelled your dead kin next to an intruder, wouldn't you go after that intruder?

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Damascus Rose - 07-06-2012

Probably not, because it would eat me.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-07-2012

(07-06-2012, 07:17 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Probably not, because it would eat me.
True. Now it is too early to tell if all the monsters are pig-like.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Kazakarumariou - 07-07-2012

I believe the most horrid monster in both series considering I've played them all is in my opinion of course that water monster.

It makes me stunned or dizzy every time I catch a glimpse of water in Amnesia - the Dark Descent.
The very limited time you spend in the water running is probably that horror thrill everyone seeks when playing these games. My arm hair stands up, my legs started shaking rapidly while burning, I start sweating as my breath instantaneously gets trapped within me, at this point I can't even speak a single word.

After that dreadful experience you finally escape onto a random furniture just enough to keep you safe from death. Once you make it there a weird chill creeps up my spine extremely fast that you barely notice it, you exhale the air trapped inside of you, you get this kinky relaxed feeling for a little, that is until you realize that monster is still lurking within the water waiting invisible until you repeat this entire process.

That's why I get nightmares from the water lurker in "Amnesia - the Dark Descent"

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-07-2012

(07-07-2012, 03:40 AM)Harthex Wrote: I believe the most horrid monster in both series considering I've played them all is in my opinion of course that water monster.

It makes me stunned or dizzy every time I catch a glimpse of water in Amnesia - the Dark Descent.
The very limited time you spend in the water running is probably that horror thrill everyone seeks when playing these games. My arm hair stands up, my legs started shaking rapidly while burning, I start sweating as my breath instantaneously gets trapped within me, at this point I can't even speak a single word.

After that dreadful experience you finally escape onto a random furniture just enough to keep you safe from death. Once you make it there a weird chill creeps up my spine extremely fast that you barely notice it, you exhale the air trapped inside of you, you get this kinky relaxed feeling for a little, that is until you realize that monster is still lurking within the water waiting invisible until you repeat this entire process.

That's why I get nightmares from the water lurker in "Amnesia - the Dark Descent"
I too was very glad to get out of that water! How you described your fear of the Kaernk, and the temporary relief of getting away was very well done. You allowed me to feel what you did. Based on how well you described that situation to me, you could easily write your own Lovecraftian short stories and be very popular.

PS: I hope you get good dreams of you or your favorite super hero stomping that Kaernk Smile

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Kazakarumariou - 07-07-2012

(07-07-2012, 04:37 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(07-07-2012, 03:40 AM)Harthex Wrote: I believe the most horrid monster in both series considering I've played them all is in my opinion of course that water monster.

I too was very glad to get out of that water! How you described your fear of the Kaernk, and the temporary relief of getting away was very well done. You allowed me to feel what you did. Based on how well you described that situation to me, you could easily write your own Lovecraftian short stories and be very popular.
PS: I hope you get good dreams of you or your favorite super hero stomping that Kaernk Smile
Thanks for that positive comment. Glad you understand my fears of the water lurker as well as I did.

I highly doubt I'm going to get a good dream tonight XP just typing about that creature reminds me of the water area.

(07-07-2012, 04:45 AM)Harthex Wrote:
(07-07-2012, 04:37 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:

Thanks for that positive comment. Glad you understand my fears of the water lurker as well as I did.
We will just have to see what Amnesia A Machine for Pigs has any water or not. If not, then that would be a relief. If not, then be sure to electrocute the water before entering (to ensure those Kaernks are burnt to a crisp gold brown Big Grin )

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - failedALIAS - 07-08-2012

This is going back on what I said earlier, bout' Infected and FLASHLIGHTS!!! What I'm wondering is what most people think would be scarier (I want what you'd truly be more fearful towards); An infected with a FLASHLIGHT!!! Or a Infected with a FLESHLIGHT!!!

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 07-08-2012

(07-08-2012, 09:55 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: This is going back on what I said earlier, bout' Infected and FLASHLIGHTS!!! What I'm wondering is what most people think would be scarier (I want what you'd truly be more fearful towards); An infected with a FLASHLIGHT!!! Or a Infected with a FLESHLIGHT!!!
A Fleshlight (if it's what I fear it is) that would definitely send them running and screaming!

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Insanity - 07-10-2012

Definitley the water horror from amnesia, the damned thing got me paranoid about water levels for the rest of the game!