Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? (/thread-12346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Robby - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 05:55 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:46 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:37 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:42 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:40 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: What would have been scarier for a Brute situation if you saw it working in the kitchen (you can imagine what he 'chops' in there).

The Water Horror is good because you can't really see it, thus its attacks can come as a surprise!
The water horror made me wonder, rather than scare me. Just seeing water splashes without seeing what's underneath kept me worried. I jumped into the water later on, thinking it was just a hallucination. Boy I was wrong.

And the brute, well that would be something my mind would rather keep away from...

EDIT: 450 posts. Yay!
I wish it was a hallucination!
Sorry for the Brute comment Sad (forgive me?). I don't think that stuff myself, but glad it didn't appear in the game. I decided to remove it, feeling bad I put it there in the first place.

Congratulations on 450 posts pal!
There's nothing to forgive.

The brute managed to bring quite some scares in Amnesia, but the wormy gave me nightmares. One nightmare that remained, read on.

How the nightmare started: I was in a forest, with nothing but a knife, an empty canteen, and a note saying "It is coming... You do better hurry". While I walked in that forest, I swear I heard the worm's distant cry from the game ringing in my ears. I just said "It isn't real. It is just me, walking around, wiggling my ass around here." When I started to feel vibrations, I knew my mind wasn't just fooling around. And this was not the worst part. I suddenly heard trees fall in the distance, and that is when my mind got corrupted by the image I saw. It was the giant worm, just coming after me like "Hi! I'm coming to eat you!". While this may not seem scary, this was when I first encountered the thingy. The horror, the horror...

Next thing I know, I suddenly jump out of my bed, with only one thought in my head: RUN! Little did I know that I woke up, at 4:21 AM. I quickly stood up on the bed, and started blindly running. When my head kissed the wall, I fell back, and... my memory got fuzzy after that.

Didn't have nightmares of the brute, but it was a pretty terrifying encounter. The wormy doesn't scare me anymore (lol yeah right).
Thanks pal, didn't mean to overreact. Smile

Never had a dream or nightmare about the worm, but that is one scary dream! This is why I voted for the Worm in this poll, in real life I'd rather face an Amnesia Brute than the Penumbra Worm! At least one can hide from a Brute.
You can confuse a Brute, but not a worm....

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 05:56 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:37 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 04:42 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: The water horror made me wonder, rather than scare me. Just seeing water splashes without seeing what's underneath kept me worried. I jumped into the water later on, thinking it was just a hallucination. Boy I was wrong.

And the brute, well that would be something my mind would rather keep away from...

EDIT: 450 posts. Yay!
I wish it was a hallucination!
Sorry for the Brute comment Sad (forgive me?). I don't think that stuff myself, but glad it didn't appear in the game. I decided to remove it, feeling bad I put it there in the first place.

The brute managed to bring quite some scares in Amnesia, but the wormy gave me nightmares. One nightmare that remained, read on.

How the nightmare started: I was in a forest, with nothing but a knife, an empty canteen, and a note saying "It is coming... You do better hurry". While I walked in that forest, I swear I heard the worm's distant cry from the game ringing in my ears. I just said "It isn't real. It is just me, walking around, wiggling my ass around here." When I started to feel vibrations, I knew my mind wasn't just fooling around. And this was not the worst part. I suddenly heard trees fall in the distance, and that is when my mind got corrupted by the image I saw. It was the giant worm, just coming after me like "Hi! I'm coming to eat you!". While this may not seem scary, this was when I first encountered the thingy. The horror, the horror...

Next thing I know, I suddenly jump out of my bed, with only one thought in my head: RUN! Little did I know that I woke up, at 4:21 AM. I quickly stood up on the bed, and started blindly running. When my head kissed the wall, I fell back, and... my memory got fuzzy after that.

Didn't have nightmares of the brute, but it was a pretty terrifying encounter. The wormy doesn't scare me anymore (lol yeah right).

Never had a dream or nightmare about the worm, but that is one scary dream! This is why I voted for the Worm in this poll, in real life I'd rather face an Amnesia Brute than the Penumbra Worm! At least one can hide from a Brute.
I've felt that Frictional Games really missed a chance to have the Worm in Penumbra to be even scarier. You're underground so you should have seen it more times or in... dare I say it.. groups!

If someone can add it to Amnesia, I'll be sure to add it to a Custom Story! (Currently no one, including me, has been successful in adding it in. The Dog, Spider, and Infected [minus flashlight or axe/pickaxe] are in though)

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Robby - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 06:05 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:37 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: I wish it was a hallucination!

I've felt that Frictional Games really missed a chance to have the Worm in Penumbra to be even scarier. You're underground so you should have seen it more times or in... dare I say it.. groups!

If someone can add it to Amnesia, I'll be sure to add it to a Custom Story! (Currently no one, including me, has been successful in adding it in. The Dog, Spider, and Infected [minus flashlight or axe/pickaxe] are in though)
Of course. The worm could've been a little more successful, but a group of giant worms... that might be annoying to get rid of, especially when they all would use teamwork to hunt you down. (oooooooh snap)

The other monsters from Penumbra have been added (used the dog in one of my CS) to Amnesia. And they function pretty well.

What I like about the brute is its "one-hit-one-kill" ability. Mostly, that would happen, especially when your health isn't maxed. The grunt seemed terrifying firsthand, but then it got a little stale. And that is where the brute decided to step in. Boy, what a surprise.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 08-24-2012

(08-24-2012, 06:09 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:46 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: There's nothing to forgive.

Of course. The worm could've been a little more successful, but a group of giant worms... that might be annoying to get rid of, especially when they all would use teamwork to hunt you down. (oooooooh snap)

The other monsters from Penumbra have been added (used the dog in one of my CS) to Amnesia. And they function pretty well.

What I like about the brute is its "one-hit-one-kill" ability. Mostly, that would happen, especially when your health isn't maxed. The grunt seemed terrifying firsthand, but then it got a little stale. And that is where the brute decided to step in. Boy, what a surprise.
I didn't know you had a Custom Story, I'd like to play it!

I like the Brute and Grunt for their regeneration. Even though small, it makes it challenge to hurt them. Yes, the Brutes one-hit-kill (which he trains be fencing with other Brutes [which I almost typed before]) is dangerous.

Know what would de-scarify a Brute if its Blade got stuck in a wall/beam and, when trying to pull it out, he gets free but the blade is still stuck (and he doesn't realize it) Tongue

(08-24-2012, 06:25 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:55 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Thanks pal, didn't mean to overreact. Smile

I like the Brute and Grunt for their regeneration. Even though small, it makes it challenge to hurt them. Yes, the Brutes one-hit-kill (which he trains be fencing with other Brutes [which I almost typed before]) is dangerous.

Know what would de-scarify a Brute if its Blade got stuck in a wall/beam and, when trying to pull it out, he gets free but the blade is still stuck (and he doesn't realize it) Tongue
http://www.moddb.com/mods/haunted-hallways/downloads/haunted-hallways-final

There is the link.

There is also a REMAKE in progress (still developing it), but I took a very long break from that. Send me a PM in case you'd like to play that as well.

I don't want to go Off-Topic again.

(08-24-2012, 06:30 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:56 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: You can confuse a Brute, but not a worm....

There is the link.

There is also a REMAKE in progress (still developing it), but I took a very long break from that. Send me a PM in case you'd like to play that as well.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to try it!

(08-24-2012, 06:37 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 06:30 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 06:05 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: I've felt that Frictional Games really missed a chance to have the Worm in Penumbra to be even scarier. You're underground so you should have seen it more times or in... dare I say it.. groups!

There is the link.

Thanks for the link, I'll have to try it!
You will get some great scares if you will let yourself soak into the ambience.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - spukrian - 08-25-2012

(08-24-2012, 05:46 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: the wormy gave me nightmares. One nightmare that remained, read on.
I had a nightmare about the Rock Worm once. I was running around in the Shelter with someone else, this other person was eventually eaten by the Rock Worm. After that, the Rock Worm went away.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - The Rock Worm - 08-25-2012

(08-25-2012, 12:00 AM)spukrian Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:46 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: the wormy gave me nightmares. One nightmare that remained, read on.
I had a nightmare about the Rock Worm once. I was running around in the Shelter with someone else, this other person was eventually eaten by the Rock Worm. After that, the Rock Worm went away.
At least it didn't come around behind you after eating the other person.

RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia? - Damascus Rose - 08-25-2012

Wow, I suggest that you guys put spoiler tags around the long-ass quotes in your posts, it's hard to really focus on what you are writing.