Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Minor technical problem with the forums - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Minor technical problem with the forums (/thread-12402.html)

Pages: 1 2

Minor technical problem with the forums - Petike - 01-06-2012

Hello, I'd like to ask the devs or admins about a weird problem I've been getting ever since the forums recieved their last major overhaul (the one that changed the red-tinted skin to a blue one, among other things).

You see, nearly everytime I turn to another page in any thread, a small dialog/error box pops up, with the following text :

"Stack overflow at line: 1822"

What does it mean ? Is it something to do with the browser I'm using (IE 10) ? This problem never showed up in any other forum/board I frequent on the internet, so I'm guessing it's a case-specific thing, limited only to the FG forums.

It's not all that annoying, but I would be glad if someone could give me any tips on how to possibly remove it. Currently, I have to click the OK in the dialog box each time I visit a new page. It's a little tedious.

If you've got any advice, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance ! Wink

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - plutomaniac - 01-06-2012

IE 10 is beta as far as I know. The other browsers do not have such a problem.

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - Wooderson - 01-06-2012

I use IE 9 I believe and I have the same thing.

Tip: No need to move your mouse to click okay... You can press the space bar or enter to do it instead.

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - plutomaniac - 01-06-2012

Try Firefox or Chrome

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - Your Computer - 01-07-2012

Sounds like your browser can't handle the WYSIWYG of the forums (the only thing i can think of that is JavaScript related).

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - Dewi - 01-07-2012

There's another problem, too.
On my iPod Touch I can't create threads, simply because it can't use the Editor. Also, I can't set it to 'Source' because clicking that doesn't work.

Might be my version of iOS, though. It's pretty damn old.

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - plutomaniac - 01-07-2012

With my iPhone with iOS 4.3.3 I can use the forums just fine. You have an old iOS.

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - Krymtel - 01-09-2012

You can't post anything on the forums with a phone, only read in my case.

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - plutomaniac - 01-09-2012

You perfectly can

RE: Minor technical problem with the forums - BlueFury - 01-09-2012

Some of my posts are made with my Desire Z, which is android, however i can only use source on the default browser, works fine on other browsers though. Opera mini for example.