Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? (/thread-12570.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - JWGinator96 - 01-13-2012

For the majority of my Amnesia journey I have been playing the game in the light during the day. Tonight however I thought I'd try playing the game like Frictional recommended... in the dark. So I played through the game for an hour or two and I have to say that there is a massive difference when playing Amnesia at night in the dark than during the day, it is also a lot scarier too.

So how do/did you play Amnesia, in the dark or during the day? Also do/did you find it scarier at night?

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - BlueFury - 01-13-2012

Only played custom stories and my own map. It wasn't that important for me, everything scares me anyway (falling boxes, footsteps etc) but night was a little scarier yes.

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - flamez3 - 01-13-2012

Well, seen how I can't finish the main story in light; doing it in the dark would not work for me at all D:

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - Carrna - 01-13-2012

In the dark of course. Cool It's not nearly as scary during daytime when there's bright, birds are singing and kids playing outside etc. hahah. At least I feel like losing something essential when watching horror movies or playing horror games in well lit or noisy places.

I don't also like playing them with someone else, since usually that someone seems to forget how to be quiet. The atmosphere is constantly breaking if a friend keeps whispering "What's gonna happen next? Where is the monster? Is it there where you're going? Well is it??! Tell meee!"

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - RawkBandMan - 01-14-2012

Darkness is scary ;_;

Lightness is happy Big Grin

But I usually play at dark.

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - Gasjockey - 01-14-2012

Why, the dark, obviously. I see no point in playing Amnesia in the light.

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - JenniferOrange - 01-14-2012

I have never played at night. Nor would I ever like to. O_o
Like a few others have already said, it was terrifying enough with a.)someone watching me play b.)the lights on c.)during the day time. :>

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - J.R.S.S. - 01-14-2012

Fear is still Fear, light or dark... but what one must know is Fear may be amplified.

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - Kman - 01-14-2012

I played the entire main game in the dark, the majority of it was at night, but other times i just shut the blinds and turned out all my lights. And yes, i think it does make a big difference. Though i don't really do it too much anymore unless a custom story looks REEEEALLY good, simply because when a story isn't immersive, trying to immerse yourself is pointless.

RE: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice? - Statyk - 01-14-2012

Every horror game should be played in the dark. A horror game is not the same in the light and shouldn't even be PLAYED during the day or in light. =P It's wasting away the experience!

I play every horror game in the dark. I remember when I first got Dead Space 1, I placed a blanket over my windows so my room was pitch black all around me. Best experience! I did the same with Doom 3 and Fatal Frame. I don't think I've ever played a horror game in the light. Love it.