Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Dark Room 2 Abridged Released!!! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Dark Room 2 Abridged Released!!! (/thread-12599.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Dark Room 2: Agripp Contest over!!! - DespairAporia - 01-31-2012

(01-31-2012, 01:50 AM)Danarogon Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 12:57 PM)DespairAporia Wrote: So, uhh, how's it going? It's been quiet here for some day. Is everything working fine on the progress on this map?
well we are finnaly DracoStriker is makeing the scripts for the maps... basicaly starting to give gameplay to the maps i made its going a bit slow but a lot better then the past days. also we had to rethink some of the maps because the "RUN HAS FAST HAS YOU CAN!!!" moments were starting to be overused and kinda boring and repetitive after some levels... has one way to try not to make "deja-vu" levels we also had some not directly meme jokes at some parts of the the maps to spice things up a bit and to focus a bit more in comedy rather then just random memes showing up all over the place.

has Dark Room 2 is literaly the first long time developing mod i have ever made i was taken by surprise whit the time needed to actualy make all things so i am sorry for takeing so long to make this... but i assure i won't let you down! or my name isn't... Jane?... Adrian?... Bush?... hell i don't know any more >.<...
You must be careful. Some things mustn't be forgotten. Your name is... your name... you are... wait, how could I possibly know that?
But seriously though, I'd say we rather wait for a polished quality mod than a rushed, half-assed one.

RE: Dark Room 2: Agripp Contest over!!! - Danny Boy - 01-31-2012

(01-31-2012, 02:27 PM)DespairAporia Wrote:
(01-31-2012, 01:50 AM)Danarogon Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 12:57 PM)DespairAporia Wrote: So, uhh, how's it going? It's been quiet here for some day. Is everything working fine on the progress on this map?
well we are finnaly DracoStriker is makeing the scripts for the maps... basicaly starting to give gameplay to the maps i made its going a bit slow but a lot better then the past days. also we had to rethink some of the maps because the "RUN HAS FAST HAS YOU CAN!!!" moments were starting to be overused and kinda boring and repetitive after some levels... has one way to try not to make "deja-vu" levels we also had some not directly meme jokes at some parts of the the maps to spice things up a bit and to focus a bit more in comedy rather then just random memes showing up all over the place.

has Dark Room 2 is literaly the first long time developing mod i have ever made i was taken by surprise whit the time needed to actualy make all things so i am sorry for takeing so long to make this... but i assure i won't let you down! or my name isn't... Jane?... Adrian?... Bush?... hell i don't know any more >.<...
You must be careful. Some things mustn't be forgotten. Your name is... your name... you are... wait, how could I possibly know that?
But seriously though, I'd say we rather wait for a polished quality mod than a rushed, half-assed one.
indeed

RE: Dark Room 2: Agripp Contest over!!! - Statyk - 01-31-2012

(01-31-2012, 07:50 PM)Danarogon Wrote: indeed
Spoiler below!

He is indeed...

RE: Dark Room 2: Agrippa Contest over!!! - Mr.Amnesia - 02-06-2012

ummm any new news yet sorry really excited but no one post anything for while.

RE: Dark Room 2: Agrippa Contest over!!! - DespairAporia - 02-06-2012

(02-06-2012, 07:35 AM)Mr.Amnesia Wrote: ummm any new news yet sorry really excited but no one post anything for while.
I wonder about that, too. It's been a week since we last heard something about this. I hope everything is alright?

RE: Dark Room 2: Agrippa Contest over!!! - Statyk - 02-06-2012

(02-06-2012, 07:35 AM)Mr.Amnesia Wrote: ummm any new news yet sorry really excited but no one post anything for while.
I'll try to fill in what I can.

Recently, Dracostriker had exams to take care of, preventing him from mapping/scripting. It wasn't until a few days ago that he finally finished and they have been working on the last two maps. I had also changed a few inventory images to add to the theme, as well as fitting the theme of the new "lantern" I imposed. I also had taken time to tweak a model for the menu, so assets are being added.

As for the release date, it should be soon. Please be patient everyone, as the time taken to make this what it is becoming, in my opinion, well worth the wait. =]

RE: Dark Room 2: Agrippa Contest over!!! - DespairAporia - 02-06-2012

(02-06-2012, 09:54 PM)Statyk Wrote:
I'll try to fill in what I can.

Recently, Dracostriker had exams to take care of, preventing him from mapping/scripting. It wasn't until a few days ago that he finally finished and they have been working on the last two maps. I had also changed a few inventory images to add to the theme, as well as fitting the theme of the new "lantern" I imposed. I also had taken time to tweak a model for the menu, so assets are being added.

As for the release date, it should be soon. Please be patient everyone, as the time taken to make this what it is becoming, in my opinion, well worth the wait. =]
Good to see that someone as busy as him is still working hard on this. Well, I'll wait as long as I have to. I am REALLY looking forward to this.

RE: Dark Room 2: Agrippa Contest over!!! - Imevil23 - 02-06-2012

I hope to see it by friday at least!

RE: Dark Room 2: Agrippa Contest over!!! - Statyk - 02-07-2012

(02-06-2012, 11:21 PM)Imevil23 Wrote: I hope to see it by friday at least!
That's all up to Danarogon!

RE: Dark Room 2: Agrippa Contest over!!! - Danny Boy - 02-07-2012

well there to show we are still alive yes we are finishing dark room but just started the... "hard part" or in other words... THE SCRIPTING!!! at least 4/5 maps are 100% done now and we are still trying to fill some stuff in some levels and still try to make it has hilarious has possible... well i can sure you guys! since the first level you will burst in laughter! i personaly loved how Draco has made my vision on level 2... i never laughed so histericaly in my life! and i was the one who though of the whole scene!
also a note.... we are really trying to a FUN MAP! where even if you are a meme "knower" you can still have a happy hour while playing Dark room 2 since we have used many non direct meme jokes and some fun references that some people might know of... so no this won't be has ridiculous has the "house of creep 6" but kinda like more of the weirdest and funniest parody of Amnesia/ frictional games themselfs ever (has well has many other games)