Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Questions that Overture raised - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Questions that Overture raised (/thread-1346.html)

Pages: 1 2

Questions that Overture raised - Yuhaney - 09-18-2007

Thomas Wrote:All the questions Overture raised will be answered.

I just try to help Developers a little bit to put questions that Overture raised into this Thread. I checked the forums quickly so this doesn't have all the questions that's been asked already!
If you have more questions that you'll find from these forums, please, post them here! Smile

Who was the guy in the end of the Episode One?

Is there going on some sort of human experimentation?

ShadowMan Wrote:Red did say, to directly quote him, "Parts of my head are not my own! And I cannot take my life, it is against the rules." It's pretty clear that the Elevated Caste is doing some kind of human experimentation.

What was the thing that killed the guy in storage at the beginning?

Scraper Wrote:I don't know about the guy but another question could be that: What was the thing that draged that guy in that hole? 'Cause it doesn't sound a Spider, and Dogs don't go into that sort of holes or even make them, and it wasn't that Rock Worm 'cause the hole is much more smaller than the Worm...

Red and Philips father; connection?

How the people behind the hydraulic door (at the end) survived so long without rations?

Somalion Wrote:Right now I'm interested about how the elevated caste and the others (behind the hydraulic door) survived so long without (or some) rations since they can't last forever.

Was the guy in the lake same than the guy in the end of Episode One?

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:As you get to the crowbar and the hand, (and right clicking with the mouse), you hope nothing is attached to that arm (like the rest of that person). What do you see at THE END? A dark figure with no right arm.
Red or not, that person I believe is the same person who died in that lake.

Did Red really died?

Antti Wrote:I don't think he died, i think he some-how faked it, and when you see him at the place where everything gets dark (you open the door, and see a black guy there), i think its him!

What Red meant with his sentence: "You see, I have waited for this day so many years... they won't let me die. They... parts of my head are not my own! And I cannot take my life, it is against the rules"?

Scraper Wrote:But still, I don't get the point when Red said, that: "it's against the rules"...

(Sentence in question was quote from This Thread!)

Why there where no guns, even though there where empty ammunition boxes?

Pigov Wrote:But it feels silly that a whole underground complex with unknown reasons of existence doesn't have a single gun in it.
WindexGlow Wrote:Perhaps guns weren't allowed because of the Dynamite incident in Episode 1 (A guy performed suicide with dynimite, attempting to hurt others in the process)

RE: Questions that Overture raised - Linux.Blue - 09-18-2007

there was also one another one I did, Red talking to Philip about "so we can one day meet again". and "don't leave me here again like the others."
making it sound like Red met Philip at one time or another.

another made a note if Red was talking to Philip from his room.
one assumed that Red was the dark figure because the radios were to the left of the table, against the wall.

RE: Questions that Overture raised - Doffy90 - 09-23-2007

Very good questions. I have one pretty basic as well to add:

Why even start human experiments? People just don't do it cause they are bored, something must have made them start it. (If there even is human experiments which seems very likely at this point)

Did Red honestly fake that scream? Sounded pretty real to me.
Why did we kill him? I mean if someone told me to kill them I could never have done it, especially if they had the answers that Phillip was looking for (I can't remember this well but I think we switched on the furnace or something and before that he says he lied or something).
If Red could move around (which I think he could because of the writing on the wall, you know when we turn on/off the light) then how did he end up in the furnace?

I really should play the game again.

RE: Questions that Overture raised - Yuhaney - 10-09-2007

Came to my mind that I've always wondered, when you leave the boat, Philips first sentence: "So... cold... don't know where I am... need shelter soon."

So the thing that I've wondered is that why he cannot know where he is?
To me, it seems that something has happened to him in that blizzard...

RE: Questions that Overture raised - Linux.Blue - 10-11-2007

50 50 on that. on one hand, he may just not know the exact point. but on the other hand, I thought he had the map, everything all laid out so to speak, a direct plan/path and he suddenly doesn't know where he is?
like I say, 50 50. but if he did have those plans and such, but something happened to cause him to not know, that'd be quite an interesting thing to find out Smile

RE: Questions that Overture raised - zzaz3 - 10-28-2007

Well, there is some kind of experimentation going on. I found this in the paper called the Xeno Report.

"Far be it from me to question the decisions of the ElevateCaste, but I am struggling to understand the necessity of cunducting standard scientific testing in this case."

RE: Questions that Overture raised - Steiwerd Philips - 11-11-2007

Who was the man in the old storage room?

RE: Questions that Overture raised - Yuhaney - 12-17-2007

zzaz3 Wrote:2.

Well, there is some kind of experimentation going on. I found this in the paper called the Xeno Report.

"Far be it from me to question the decisions of the ElevateCaste, but I am struggling to understand the necessity of cunducting standard scientific testing in this case."

Wasn't they just increasing the size of the Worms, or something like that?

RE: Questions that Overture raised - Kedjane - 01-07-2008

The fifth question is kinda stupid, isn't it?
For all we know there could have been a zillion rations down there. Anyhow, I think the screenshots we've seen from Black Plauge answers that question quite well - I've never seen a zombiekin having to eat to survive (Except for eating brains, that is).
And about the empty ammunition boxes: they were likely all depleted during the war.. duh.

RE: Questions that Overture raised - Penumbra - 01-07-2008

Which war?