Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Anna - Creepy adventure game. - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Anna - Creepy adventure game. (/thread-14057.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - eliasfrost - 07-17-2012

I agree, the controls were sloppy, the execution was really mediocre, poorly optimized and bad voice-acting. The only thing that's ok is the music. Luckily it's pretty cheap.

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - Sexbad - 07-18-2012

I got myself a review copy of it and it's pretty underwhelming so far. I've not got into it much, but it's already broken its own scripted scare event because I walked through the wrong part of a room. The first puzzle was silly (how the fuck do you move two large submerged boulders with a stick?) but the one that I'm doing right now after having entered the house is interesting enough.

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - sussy - 07-27-2012

Yes, I was greatly dissapointed by this to. After I read a review of the game, I wanted to try it.. and they was right...The game contain just a handful of scary moments.

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - Sexbad - 08-12-2012

Oh hey, this used to be a happening thread but I forgot to post my final thoughts here in convenient video form:

also googolplex got suspended? not bad.

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - Ghieri - 08-12-2012

I saw a gameplay video first and was disappoint. Poor voice acting, non-spooky atmosphere(The music was too relaxing), poorly executed events and PIXEL HUNTING. I hate PIXEL HUNTING.

Seriously, if it doesn't make sense, don't use it in a game.

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - RawkBandMan - 08-12-2012

I bought the game shortly after release date, and i liek it :[ Although it may not be scary, I thought it was very good as a game. The controls are pretty good, the graphics are good, although they can glitch out every once and a while, the story is uh... well, I dunno, haven't played enough of the game to know what the story is, and small house/atmosphere is pretty unsettling in my opinion. The only thing I detest about it are the puzzles. They make no sense, and I've had to use a walkthrough for about, 7 out of the 9 puzzles I've seen so far. It's kind of pathetic on my part, but still...

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - failedALIAS - 08-12-2012

(08-12-2012, 07:00 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I bought the game shortly after release date, and i liek it :[ Although it may not be scary, I thought it was very good as a game. The controls are pretty good, the graphics are good, although they can glitch out every once and a while, the story is uh... well, I dunno, haven't played enough of the game to know what the story is, and small house/atmosphere is pretty unsettling in my opinion. The only thing I detest about it are the puzzles. They make no sense, and I've had to use a walkthrough for about, 7 out of the 9 puzzles I've seen so far. It's kind of pathetic on my part, but still...
I don't think (sorry, can't turn off italics) that if you have to enter the same room a million times you would hold the same fear as if you had a scary place, still filled with wonders. The atmosphere becomes too familiar because of the stupidity of the puzzles. That is another thing; the puzzles are pretty important in a PUZZLE GAME! But the puzzles happen to really suck, so you shouldn't blame yourself for misunderstanding them, since they don't make any damn sense!

(08-12-2012, 05:44 AM)Sexbad Wrote: Oh hey, this used to be a happening thread but I forgot to post my final thoughts here in convenient video form:

also googolplex got suspended? not bad.
Damn! Your voice is awesome!

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - Nyarlathotep - 08-12-2012

(08-12-2012, 07:00 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I bought the game shortly after release date, and i liek it :[ Although it may not be scary, I thought it was very good as a game. The controls are pretty good, the graphics are good, although they can glitch out every once and a while, the story is uh... well, I dunno, haven't played enough of the game to know what the story is, and small house/atmosphere is pretty unsettling in my opinion. The only thing I detest about it are the puzzles. They make no sense, and I've had to use a walkthrough for about, 7 out of the 9 puzzles I've seen so far. It's kind of pathetic on my part, but still...
The puzzles are what you'd expect from a classic adventure/point&click. This game is actually somewhat clever though. You're best off not using a guide, as its scares/events roll out based on the amount of time you spend in the game.

RE: Anna - Creepy adventure game. - Damascus Rose - 08-12-2012

Your reviews are great Sexbad, 'specially that one.