Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What are good custom stories? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: What are good custom stories? (/thread-14817.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What are good custom stories? - Streetboat - 04-17-2012

(04-16-2012, 11:24 PM)SUMMER^ Wrote: Personally, I think Deterioration is really underrated:

The mapping and atmosphere is absolutely gorgeous:
Spoiler below!
[Image: YO7Id.jpg]
Spoiler below!

[Image: f86ZW.jpg]

It also shows off some really intuitive puzzles, like when you have to find a way to break down a door, stuff like this happens:
Spoiler below!
[Image: ZnlD5.jpg]

After a hole in the door is broken open, the player actually "reaches" his arm through the door and unlocks it from the other side:
Spoiler below!
[Image: bS7ES.jpg]

All in all, it's an incredibly unique, immersive experience.
I came out of lurkdom just long enough to see this post. Thank you kind sir. :3

RE: What are good custom stories? - Frankiescou - 04-17-2012

I would play deterioration, but I am far too stupid to install Total Conversions Sad

RE: What are good custom stories? - JenniferOrange - 04-17-2012

The Attic.

RE: What are good custom stories? - SUMMER^ - 04-17-2012

(04-17-2012, 12:27 AM)Streetboat Wrote: I came out of lurkdom just long enough to see this post. Thank you kind sir. :3
No, sir. Thank you. Keep on going on. Tongue

RE: What are good custom stories? - Adny - 04-17-2012

OMg, house of creepz is totally the best CS evr! So deep and emotional!

/sarcasm

I believe Cry/ChaoticMonki made a tutorial on how to install them correctly.

RE: What are good custom stories? - ScaredGam3r - 04-17-2012

I just stared on the custom story The library and i think it's a good custom story, so if you want check out the videos i uploaded on youtubeBig Grin I'm also considering to start playing Penumbra The Black PlagueTongue

RE: What are good custom stories? - Streetboat - 04-17-2012

(04-17-2012, 12:36 AM)Frankiescou Wrote: I would play deterioration, but I am far too stupid to install Total Conversions Sad
Just drop all the files into your main Amnesia folder, and run deterioration.bat. It's worth all the effort. Tongue

RE: What are good custom stories? - Ahiam94 - 04-18-2012

Hmm, Killings in Altstadt is pretty good, another good one is Interiuse. One of the best ones I've played so far is White Night. Can't remember any other ones I enjoyed, I may reply again later with a better list.

RE: What are good custom stories? - Kaizy - 04-18-2012

Once again:

Lost the Lights
The Abductions 1&2
Where Are Our Protectors? Part 1

RE: What are good custom stories? - Leeeyam - 04-18-2012

Oh Jeez, I have a bucket load of custom stories, and recording and uploading to do, interesting, thanks guys!