Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
tools for the community? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: tools for the community? (/thread-1529.html)

tools for the community? - derailed - 01-28-2008

hi guys.

wondering if you'll be releasing any tools with the box or after black plague ships? for level designers and so on. this seems like the perfect game/engine for a potential mod community to screw around in and make custom missions/stories for. I know I'm really interested

(I posted this exact same thread on the paradox forum aswell-- not trying to be annoying or anything, just realised there was a frictional forum aswell right after I made that thread)

mvh,
derailed/norway.

RE: tools for the community? - eliasfrost - 01-28-2008

There is mod tools for Overture. Windex is currently making one. I am sure they will release the updated HPL tools after Black Plague ships.

RE: tools for the community? - WindexGlow - 01-28-2008

derailed Wrote:hi guys.

wondering if you'll be releasing any tools with the box or after black plague ships? for level designers and so on. this seems like the perfect game/engine for a potential mod community to screw around in and make custom missions/stories for. I know I'm really interested

(I posted this exact same thread on the paradox forum aswell-- not trying to be annoying or anything, just realised there was a frictional forum aswell right after I made that thread)

mvh,
derailed/norway.

Haha, my project is on hold right now.

There are tools right now; they work with both Penumbra Tech Demo (2006) and Penumbra Overture (2007)

When Black Plague came out, the tools from the Tech Demo didn't work correctly, and that stunted alot of potential modding. Eventually (with alot of bitching and moaning) they released the updated tools.

So it'll probably be the same when Black Plague is released.

The HPL tools aren't required in order to mod penumbra; but they really help you out.
You can not create things (besides stats for HUD models, and create/edit particles) with the HPL tools. You need a 3-d modeling program for that, such as Maya or 3dMax

RE: tools for the community? - Kedjane - 01-29-2008

derailed Wrote:mvh,
derailed/norway.
What does "mvh" mean? Is it English or just Norway-ish? In Swedish it's "mycket vänliga hälsningar" wich means "very kind regards".

Windex Glow Wrote:When Black Plague came out
Oh, yeah. You mean that game that was released about two years ago, in 2008? (wink)

RE: tools for the community? - derailed - 02-07-2008

Kedjane Wrote:
derailed Wrote:mvh,
derailed/norway.
What does "mvh" mean? Is it English or just Norway-ish? In Swedish it's "mycket vänliga hälsningar" wich means "very kind regards".

oh yeah. heh oops. med vennlig hilsen. Smile

RE: tools for the community? - Skaruts - 02-27-2008

med vennlig hilsen

Smile and that means...???

Sorry, is that I'm portuguese. The only ish thing I know is english. Wink

EDIT: Sorry about the off-topic.