Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Want Amnesia Merchandise? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Want Amnesia Merchandise? (/thread-15636.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - Bridge - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 03:14 AM)she Wrote: honestly? just about anything. i wouldn't buy caps just because i don't wear them, but anything else i'd happily buy. i'm always sad when i go to gaming conventions and i don't have anything frictional-related to wear. Sad i want to spread the love!

also: while i know the demand isn't as high, i'd really love to see some penumbra merchandise, too.

overall, i'd say that the interest is certainly there, seeing as people are selling plenty of fan-made things on other websites (plush toys, jewelry, shirts etc).
What makes you think the demand isn't as high? Penumbra is still popular and probably everybody on this forum has played it. They wouldn't just ignore the game that put them on the map like that. Anyway I agree, I would love a poster or t-shirt of Philip holding up a flare with the giant worm behind him (other designs would be awesome as well).

Question (directed at FG): What do you think the international shipping rates will be? And do you think free shipping to other European countries is a possibility (I live in Iceland)?

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - Macgyverthehero - 06-01-2012

You guys should sell some "Stephanio" statue models too.

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - CorinthianMerchant - 06-01-2012

(06-01-2012, 09:34 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: You guys should sell some "Stephanio" statue models too.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7OCtTz5B2hvq6H27RRn9...oodLU3Gh6g]

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - longcat49494 - 06-01-2012

I'd have to say that I'd want posters, t-shirts, and plushies. Or even figures if possible.

I would love to have figures of the Amnesia monsters and maybe even a Tuurngait thing from Penumbra (as much as I hate them), and I'd throw my money at the screen to get a Daniel plush. Tongue

I think it'd be pretty epic to have some Amnesia posters of concept art or something (maybe even fancy new art)? T-shirts would be pretty cool, I wouldn't mind wearing around an Amnesia shirt to show my love for the game. And like someone mentioned before, keychains of the lantern that light up and possibly make the sounds the lantern makes would be fun.

Though, I can't really buy anything online, which would be a bit of a problem...

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - Tenacious - 06-02-2012

(06-01-2012, 09:34 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: You guys should sell some "Stephanio" statue models too.

You'd probably want to go to PewDiePie for that since "Stephano" was his idea.

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - Cranky Old Man - 06-02-2012

Sad to say, I would never buy any merchandize, mainly because I simply don't buy merchandize ever, but also because I can't come up with anything cool to show. The strength of your games comes from game mechanics and the story, and while the monsters are cool, PewDiePie has already ridiculed "Mr. Flappy-face" to the point where a T-shirt of him would just come across as silly and make people try to brofist me. You have great environments, but environments alone can't convey that it's Amnesia specific. You could probably make money off of PewDiePie specific merch, such as a grunt and a " 'sup? " under, but PDP has probably already sold such t-shirts already, and I think that those kinds of t-shirts would ruin your reputation in the long run.

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - Bridge - 06-02-2012

(06-02-2012, 01:05 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Sad to say, I would never buy any merchandize, mainly because I simply don't buy merchandize ever, but also because I can't come up with anything cool to show. The strength of your games comes from game mechanics and the story, and while the monsters are cool, PewDiePie has already ridiculed "Mr. Flappy-face" to the point where a T-shirt of him would just come across as silly and make people try to brofist me. You have great environments, but environments alone can't convey that it's Amnesia specific. You could probably make money off of PewDiePie specific merch, such as a grunt and a " 'sup? " under, but PDP has probably already sold such t-shirts already, and I think that those kinds of t-shirts would ruin your reputation in the long run.
What happened to a plain old logo t-shirt? Amnesia: The Dark Descent is all it needs to say. Better yet a picture of the online cover art (with the rose). There's nothing ridiculous about that, and it really conveys the mood of the game perfectly. I would never buy a t-shirt with a picture of a grunt on it as it's incredibly stupid (the monsters are only really scary because they represent darkness and fear [which is why the retail cover sucks so much; no mystery at all, plus it's badly drawn]).

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - RawkBandMan - 06-02-2012

(06-02-2012, 01:13 AM)Bridge Wrote:
(06-02-2012, 01:05 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Sad to say, I would never buy any merchandize, mainly because I simply don't buy merchandize ever, but also because I can't come up with anything cool to show. The strength of your games comes from game mechanics and the story, and while the monsters are cool, PewDiePie has already ridiculed "Mr. Flappy-face" to the point where a T-shirt of him would just come across as silly and make people try to brofist me. You have great environments, but environments alone can't convey that it's Amnesia specific. You could probably make money off of PewDiePie specific merch, such as a grunt and a " 'sup? " under, but PDP has probably already sold such t-shirts already, and I think that those kinds of t-shirts would ruin your reputation in the long run.
What happened to a plain old logo t-shirt? Amnesia: The Dark Descent is all it needs to say. Better yet a picture of the online cover art (with the rose). There's nothing ridiculous about that, and it really conveys the mood of the game perfectly. I would never buy a t-shirt with a picture of a grunt on it as it's incredibly stupid (the monsters are only really scary because they represent darkness and fear [which is why the retail cover sucks so much; no mystery at all, plus it's badly drawn]).
I would buy a shirt with the Amnesia cover with the rose on it.

Also, if you plan to sell these, would you sell them internationally?

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - she - 06-02-2012

(06-01-2012, 02:46 PM)Bridge Wrote: What makes you think the demand isn't as high?

the sales figures that were posted in this blog entry.

i'm not saying that people wouldn't purchase anything penumbra-related (i know many people that would, including myself), it's just fairly obvious that the demand wouldn't be as high as it would be for, say, amnesia merchandise when juxtaposed against amnesia's popularity and fanbase. i don't expect them to overlook penumbra either, but it may effect the variety of the items offered, and i'd really hate to see that happen.

(06-02-2012, 01:05 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: You could probably make money off of PewDiePie specific merch, such as a grunt and a " 'sup? " under, but PDP has probably already sold such t-shirts already, and I think that those kinds of t-shirts would ruin your reputation in the long run.

i trust frictional to make their own original content without resorting to cashing in on the stephano brofist whatever let's play memes.

let's just hope that said designs look NOTHING LIKE THE PC BOX ART.

RE: Want Amnesia Merchandise? - Bridge - 06-02-2012

(06-02-2012, 01:15 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
(06-02-2012, 01:13 AM)Bridge Wrote:
I would buy a shirt with the Amnesia cover with the rose on it.

Also, if you plan to sell these, would you sell them internationally?
Of course; they live in Sweden/Finland after all, and probably half of their fanbase is from the US or UK. No point in selling merchandise if only a minor part of your fanbase will be able to buy it. I'm mostly interested in whether the international shipping (or at least within Europe) will be free.

Quote:i'm not saying that people wouldn't purchase anything penumbra-related (i know many people that would, including myself), it's just fairly obvious that the demand wouldn't be as high as it would be for, say, amnesia merchandise when juxtaposed against amnesia's popularity and fanbase. i don't expect them to overlook penumbra either, but it may effect the variety of the items offered, and i'd really hate to see that happen.

Oh, I could have told you Amnesia sales are higher now on average than Penumbra; that's pretty obvious. Amnesia had much more press coverage and a lot more mainstream gamers bought Amnesia than Penumbra. However Penumbra, as I said, put them on the map and in a decade it will certainly be regarded as a classic. It will never be forgotten even though Amnesia may be more popular at the moment. Who said anything about it being motivated by money anyway, all I read was "what merchandise would you like to see in the Frictional store?"

Obviously they want their profit margins to match or exceed their expenses, but these guys are not about selling out.