Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Cthulhu Mythos Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Cthulhu Mythos Thread (/thread-16771.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Cthulhu Mythos Thread - The Rock Worm - 07-06-2012

This is a thread that will focus on any topic concerning the Cthulhu Mythos. This includes games, stories, movies, entities, characters, places, etc.

The only stories I've read of the Cthulhu Mythos are (so far):
1) The Dunwich Horror by H. P. Lovecraft
2) At the Mountains of Madness by H. P. Lovecraft [really enjoyed this one]

At the Mountains of Madness to me was a really good book, and many call it Lovecraft's best story. Now I will not spoil anything here, but in case you want to read it go here http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/mountainsofmaddness.htm.

For those who know what a Shoggoth is, how well do you think the American Military would do versus just one of these things?

When it comes to Lovecraft novels, the link provided above can, if you go back a page, lead you to more of his works. While other people added to this universe, I've had a hard time finding a similar website for those novels (assuming they are good that is).

On a last note, to go on a different tangent, Cthulhu vs Godzilla (let's say the Final Wars version)... who would win? That battle would be a tough brawl indeed (great for a movie). Now I haven't read any story with Cthulhu as the central character so I don't know his full abilities.

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - Traggey - 07-06-2012

Well basicly Cthulhu lost all his powers, now he has to become a true hero and save the world to regain his evil powers.

Aaaah, good times!

[Image: cthulhu-box.jpg]

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - MaZiCUT - 07-06-2012

It would take a lot of men and weapon, and time to kill a Shoggoth.

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - The Rock Worm - 07-06-2012

(07-06-2012, 12:59 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote: It would take a lot of men and weapon, and time to kill a Shoggoth.
Assuming, of course, the men don't go insane at the sight of a Shoggoth. Still, while not invincible, a Shoggoth is one nasty monster to contend with!

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - KingCrimson - 07-07-2012

I try to buy some of the mythos about libraries I know. But do not get on any side, is really frustrating.

What i've been able to play is the videogame "Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth". It's really good. It mixes graphic adventure style with fps

PS: Sorry for my bad english

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - The Rock Worm - 07-07-2012

(07-07-2012, 06:28 AM)ExenderVes Wrote: I try to buy some of the mythos about libraries I know. But do not get on any side, is really frustrating.

What i've been able to play is the videogame "Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth". It's really good. It mixes graphic adventure style with fps

PS: Sorry for my bad english
Never played "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth", but sounds neat to play! Do you see Cthulhu himself in the game?

PS: Don't worry, your english is fine Wink

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - Eliphas - 07-07-2012

Quote: Never played "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth", but sounds neat to play! Do you see Cthulhu himself in the game?
Nope ! You can see statue, paintings, but you can't see Cthulhu himself. Or.. Not totally.

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - MaZiCUT - 07-07-2012

Wait a second, hmmmm

H. P. Love --- HPL, HPL editor ;D

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - The Rock Worm - 07-07-2012

(07-07-2012, 05:18 PM)GeneralGregsworth Wrote: Wait a second, hmmmm

H. P. Love --- HPL, HPL editor ;D
Interesting fact: H. P. Lovecraft = Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Penumbra sereis by Frictional Games: Main Character--Phillip, searching for his father Howard.

Coincidence? Wink

RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread - KingCrimson - 07-07-2012

(07-07-2012, 04:52 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Never played "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth", but sounds neat to play! Do you see Cthulhu himself in the game?

PS: Don't worry, your english is fine Wink
I haven't finished it (I'm on the chapter five). But I thought I would maybe see him. But if Eliphas says you can't, i think he has finished it so he knows about it better than me.