Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? (/thread-16948.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - moreendanning - 07-19-2012

Nonomino can Bill Nighy pull off "evil" though?

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - MaZiCUT - 07-19-2012

(07-13-2012, 10:30 PM)Kein Wrote: Keanu Reeves.
Don't even ask why, because of reasons.
Cause he's immortal, no one can kill him. The grunts will faint when he comes close.

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Krokberg - 07-20-2012

(07-15-2012, 06:06 AM)ExenderVes Wrote: I'd cast Ben Barnes, as he seems just like Daniel. But I think the movie should be recorded like REC or Quarantine, on first person, just like the game. It would give it a more terrorific touch
Meh, I'm not sure about that. As it works well in a game, since you're doing and seeing everything, it makes the experience creepier and more realistic As for movies, it often makes things look silly, at least I think so.

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Streetboat - 07-20-2012

(07-17-2012, 07:39 PM)moreendanning Wrote: Well for Alexander I did have it in my head that Donald Sutherland would be an awesome Alexander, but then it's really a question of: which elderly actor does the audience want to see the withered, raisiny junk of?
There is such a thing as tasteful editing.

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Sexbad - 07-21-2012

(07-20-2012, 01:55 PM)Streetboat Wrote:
(07-17-2012, 07:39 PM)moreendanning Wrote: Well for Alexander I did have it in my head that Donald Sutherland would be an awesome Alexander, but then it's really a question of: which elderly actor does the audience want to see the withered, raisiny junk of?
There is such a thing as tasteful editing.
Raisins are tasty.

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - palistov - 07-21-2012

If there was a TDD movie, I think it should be in first person, like a head cam or found footage. Just like the game Big Grin

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Adny - 07-21-2012

(07-21-2012, 06:41 AM)palistov Wrote: If there was a TDD movie, I think it should be in first person, like a head cam or found footage. Just like the game Big Grin
Like this? xD

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Potato - 07-21-2012

The main reason I would dislike a first person set film based on Amnesia is the fact that we've already seen the story all in Daniel's eyes. A movie re-enactment seems almost too redundant to me and not creative enough. In my eyes, I would really find it boring.

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Wooderson - 07-21-2012

(07-21-2012, 08:38 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 06:41 AM)palistov Wrote: If there was a TDD movie, I think it should be in first person, like a head cam or found footage. Just like the game Big Grin
Like this? xD

That was.... AMAZING!!!!!!

RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel? - Mehis - 07-21-2012

The Doom movie was... well, I think it was cool but it didn't turn out to be as good. I think we don't need another fps movie.