Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Horror-Block? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Horror-Block? (/thread-17223.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Horror-Block? - failedALIAS - 07-23-2012

Recently I've found myself at a loss. My life is without fear, and I don't know what to do about it. I can't bring myself to even play Amnesia anymore. I've even found myself *gulp* sleeping! I've tried to watch scary movies, but to no avail! It's not that the horror doesn't do it for me, it's more like I can't me for it do. Which doesn't make sense.
I can't bring myself to play anything with Amnesia lately. Before I was just timid about playing custom stories, cause in those it rarely makes sense. Rather I find them pulling cheap-shot after cheap-shot whenever they can, which isn't even fun! I've found myself bored with the campaign and uneasy with the abundant custom stories. I can't play Slender, or Penumbra; hell I can't even read a goddamn CreepyPasta!

I haven't played seriously in over a month. I thought at first it was because I was just moving on, but I still look longingly at the idea all day. Has this ever happened to any of you? How have you dealt with it? I just wanna be an insomniac again, dammit! Sad

RE: Horror-Block? - CorinthianMerchant - 07-23-2012

Don't worry, I'm sure that some murderer is looking for you...

RE: Horror-Block? - Zaari - 07-23-2012

Have you played Cry of Fear or Afraid of Monsters? Both are completely different than Amnesia in terms of scare tactics, but I think they're still very nightmarish. These games might solve your problem.

RE: Horror-Block? - Kreekakon - 07-23-2012

Or you could just be happy?

RE: Horror-Block? - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 07-23-2012

Quote: it's more like I can't me for it do.
ääh...was möchtest du uns sagen?! o.O

Ok...try playing Thief 3 (Deadly Shadows) until you reach the "Cradle" - Level. If that Level isn't scary for you, you have seriously overworked the "fear"-regions of your brain and you should probably just play something else for a while. Maybe try something more funny and light-hearted. Like Psychonauts. Then, when a Machine for Pigs comes out, you will be all recharged for enjoying horror again Smile

RE: Horror-Block? - failedALIAS - 07-23-2012

(07-23-2012, 09:42 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Or you could just be happy?
No!

(07-23-2012, 09:37 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Don't worry, I'm sure that some murderer is looking for you...
I keep trying to piss them off on Tumblr but it isn't working!

RE: Horror-Block? - Kreekakon - 07-23-2012

(07-23-2012, 10:31 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: No!
Well, if you insist...

...go try out some Nightmare House 2. That mod gets really tight more than once.

RE: Horror-Block? - Froge - 07-23-2012

I can't imagine not being scared by creepypasta. The good ones, at least (the bad stories are just hilarious).

But usually when I get tired of horror, I lay the genre off for a few months, and then return to it later. If that doesn't do it for you, write your own horror stories or games.

RE: Horror-Block? - failedALIAS - 07-23-2012

Just to answer most of the suggestions people are giving me; I don't have Half Life. Because I'm pretty sure that's what those games run on. It's not so much that I can't get scared by things, it's that it's hard to even play them. If there's a game out there that will launch me back into the genre, then I'll be willing enough to play it knowing that it'll actually scare me in good ways. Or if it's a story that could do the same (I shutter to imagine what it would need to be like) then I'd gladly read it. (While perhaps crying.)

RE: Horror-Block? - Kman - 07-24-2012

Search up the Creepypasta Penpal, it takes about two hours to read.