Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Nostalgic stuff. - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Nostalgic stuff. (/thread-17262.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Nostalgic stuff. - Macgyverthehero - 07-25-2012

What kinds of things make you feel nostalgic about something from the past? It could be games, movies, music, anything you can think of.

One of the things that makes me feel all nostalgic is video game music. It reminds me of how video games were so amazing and inspiring and fun to play. Those games back then were built for fun. Nowadays, it's only built for competition.

Here is one example of music that makes me nostalgic:

(Skip to 1:00 for nostalgia at it's max.)

So, what makes you feel nostalgic?

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - Obliviator27 - 07-25-2012

Every single time I hear this song, I nostalgia hard.

This game was probably the very first game that I gained an emotional attachment to the characters. Maybe it was my age at the time of playing it. I dunno. I just know that I played it a LOT. Nostalgia-ing hard as I post this.

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - JMFStorm - 07-25-2012

Rayman 3 -.-

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - zecuro - 07-25-2012

(07-25-2012, 08:03 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Every single time I hear this song, I nostalgia hard.

This game was probably the very first game that I gained an emotional attachment to the characters. Maybe it was my age at the time of playing it. I dunno. I just know that I played it a LOT. Nostalgia-ing hard as I post this.
so unreal it make feel like i'm 10years younger best game ever

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - Kreekakon - 07-25-2012

I'm telling you, there's nothing that can ever truly replace this. NOTHING.

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - Bridge - 07-25-2012

(07-25-2012, 07:54 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Those games back then were built for fun. Nowadays, it's only built for competition.
Yeah, like Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Seriously, do you not see what's wrong with sweeping statements like this?

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - Traggey - 07-25-2012

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - Adny - 07-25-2012

(07-25-2012, 08:31 PM)Bridge Wrote: Yeah, like Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Seriously, do you not see what's wrong with sweeping statements like this?
I don't think Macgyver can hear you over all of the first person shooters. Besides, I'm pretty sure less than half of the gaming population is actually aware of PC gaming; nowadays, it seems only indie groups make good games, all of the big gaming companies have to have to keep pushing their mind-numbingly dull and generic games for profit.

You shouldn't take a statement like that so literal though, there will always be exceptions.

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - JMFStorm - 07-25-2012

(07-25-2012, 09:47 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: It seems only indie groups make good games, all of the big gaming companies have to have to keep pushing their mind-numbingly dull and generic games for profit.

RE: Nostalgic stuff. - Macgyverthehero - 07-25-2012

When I say games nowadays are built for competition I don't mean EVERY GAME we have today, there are still some games hidden in the shade that are built for fun like Amnesia The Dark Descent for example. Even though it is scary, it still feels abit fun to be scared from it.