Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[Request] 2 news monsters - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Resources (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-42.html)
+---- Thread: [Request] 2 news monsters (/thread-17485.html)

Pages: 1 2

[Request] 2 news monsters - MatiCekuriel - 08-04-2012

Hi !

I actually create a Custom story, and i need 2 monsters (the second is optional Wink ) Here's the descriptions : (sorry, I'm not good at describing T_T )

So, the first monster should have the skin completely melted, it would have its orbits empty, jaw completely off-hook (a little bit like the grunts) but pieces of skin melted above (like the Grays Children in the movie Silent Hill), some discrete cuts on his face. It would have few hair, but they will be purpose, gray, dull, so they could be confused with spider webs (like the skeleton in the mausoleum in "The Haunted Mansion" for Disney.) Its skin had approximately the same color as the brute. Everywhere on his body, he had metal implants and pieces of metal planted everywhere (always like the brute) On his left hand, he would have planted kinds of metal claws on the fingers in the same type that Edward Scisorshands , but its claws will not have the appearance of scissors, just large metal claws. After you can improvise because even I don' t know what will be its clothes.

And the second monster is simply Toxin (in Spider-man Tongue ) http://www.google.fr/imgres?um=1&hl=fr&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=499&tbm=isch&tbnid=jRE6x06vf5eH7M:&imgrefurl=http://www.mltimelines.net/toxin.html&docid=z0oTdNmQiNWMeM&imgurl=http://www.mltimelines.net/images/toxin3.jpg&w=450&h=450&ei=ymEdUJvyEoK30QWT-4GQBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=201&vpy=163&dur=455&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=151&ty=228&sig=114583323582747365726&page=3&tbnh=145&tbnw=139&start=32&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:32,i:180
(I really hope the links are reduces here.)

Oh, and the first monster have the animations of the Grunt, and Toxin the animations of the infected in White Night)

If someone can creat them, I'd be very grateful, he will be entitled to have his name in my Custom Story Big Grin
Thank you very much in advance Smile

Ps : Sorry for my bad English, I'm French T_T

RE: [Request] 2 news monsters - SilentStriker - 08-04-2012

Do you know how long it takes to make a custom monster? That's why we have so little monsters here on the forum and the few modelers we have here don't take this kind of request or any request at all pretty much since they are busy.

RE: [Request] 2 news monsters - Traggey - 08-04-2012

Alright, Traggey modeling rage fest incoming once again, brace yourself.

The ammount of work you are asking for is insane, you obviously know nothing or very little of modeling and the process of actually creating a monster.

You have not even shown any work from this custom story of yours so us modelers wouldn't even know if we're dedicating our time towards something that will be worth it, I could be better off picking my nose.

Don't expect anyone to do this for you, and seeing as you title the second monster ''optional'' it seems to me you're 100 % sure this will happen.

The biggest chanse of you getting your custom monster is by actually learning to animate and model yourself, sorry to drop a giant bomb like this but it's simply the truth.

Good luck with you mod.

RE: [Request] 2 news monsters - MatiCekuriel - 08-04-2012

Yes, it's right, indeed I have no skills in modeling, but I know it takes time. Thank you for responding anyway. I understand that if no one is sure that my Custom Story will be successful, then I will never have the monsters. I don't even know why I didn't think about it, and I apologize. Then I think I will be satisfied by the Grunt and Brute, as I haven't other choice. However, I would still try to create my monster, if you have any advice / tutorials, I'm interested.
Thank you, goodbye and sorry again :/

RE: [Request] 2 news monsters - failedALIAS - 08-04-2012

(08-04-2012, 07:25 PM)Cekuriel Wrote: Yes, it's right, indeed I have no skills in modeling, but I know it takes time. Thank you for responding anyway. I understand that if no one is sure that my Custom Story will be successful, then I will never have the monsters. I don't even know why I didn't think about it, and I apologize. Then I think I will be satisfied by the Grunt and Brute, as I haven't other choice. However, I would still try to create my monster, if you have any advice / tutorials, I'm interested.

It's a good thing you're good at saying sorry, cause on this forum (anywhere) people will fucking vendetta against you if they find you posted the thread "Can someone help me find a good jumpscare map?". Though rightfully so.

(08-04-2012, 07:25 PM)Cekuriel Wrote: Yes, it's right, indeed I have no skills in modeling, but I know it takes time. Thank you for responding anyway. I understand that if no one is sure that my Custom Story will be successful, then I will never have the monsters. I don't even know why I didn't think about it, and I apologize. Then I think I will be satisfied by the Grunt and Brute, as I haven't other choice. However, I would still try to create my monster, if you have any advice / tutorials, I'm interested.
No need for apologies, I was simply saying that the chances of anyone actually doing this for you is incredibly low.

If these models are super important to you I'd recommend you check out Autodesk products such as 3Ds Max or Maya, these are both great modeling suites and will get you along way.

However do be aware that model creation takes way more time to learn than mapping and is in most cases harder aswell.

RE: [Request] 2 news monsters - The Shanus - 08-04-2012

(08-04-2012, 09:46 PM)Traggey Wrote:
No need for apologies, I was simply saying that the chances of anyone actually doing this for you is incredibly low.

If these models are super important to you I'd recommend you check out Autodesk products such as 3Ds Max or Maya, these are both great modeling suites and will get you along way.

However do be aware that model creation takes way more time to learn than mapping and is in most cases harder aswell.
It's chances Traggey, not chanses. Not trying to be annoying, but now you know :}

(08-04-2012, 10:07 PM)The Shanus Wrote:

It's chances Traggey, not chanses. Not trying to be annoying, but now you know :}
I don't know what you're talking about~

RE: [Request] 2 news monsters - The Shanus - 08-04-2012

(08-04-2012, 10:14 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(08-04-2012, 10:07 PM)The Shanus Wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about~
;o This and you ate my crisps? You sneaky bastard.

RE: [Request] 2 news monsters - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 08-04-2012

Well...the first monster sounds almost exactly like the grunt design-wise. Judging by your description, it would have pretty much the same silhouette which is always the most important part of a monster design, epecially in games where you rarely see them up close. (Unless those Metal bits contribute to the silhouette a lot?) So, have you considered simply re-texturing the grunt? I'm a noob when it comes to HPL, but I'm sure it can be done somehow and it would surely take a lot less time to learn how to do that than tackling a program like 3ds max or maya Smile