Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia (/thread-18022.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - CorinthianMerchant - 08-30-2012

NOOOOOOO!

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - Damascus Rose - 08-30-2012

DIEE RARITY AHHAHAHAHHAHA

I approve that picture

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - Zaffre - 08-30-2012

(08-30-2012, 07:59 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: NOOOOOOO!
Sorry, used the Photoshopped version. This is the real one.
[Image: IP0Zd.png]

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - Kreekakon - 08-30-2012

How in the world did I not foresee that posting that would be such a bad idea?

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - Zaffre - 08-30-2012

(08-30-2012, 08:06 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: ...
How in the world did I not foresee that posting that would be such a bad idea?
Becuz u dun no hu fone is

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 08-30-2012

Quote: A great sanity meter I've seen in a game is "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth". The sanity meter was outstanding back in that game (my opinion).
Ah yes, if I remember correctly, you had to pay attention to your characters breathing and heartbeat, instead of checking a value in your inventory. And if you pulled out your gun at the wrong moment, your character would shoot himself out of panic... I have to say the way that game handled insanity was one of my favourite aspects about it.

I especially liked the short sequences where you remembered being back at the Asylum - and I'm still not sure if those were triggered by insanity score, or simply when you reached a certain point in the level. I found it quite intriguing, how each time you could walk that corridor down a bit further - until I was actually curious to see where that would lead me. Unfortunately I finished the game before I found out - so maybe they were simply triggered by insanity and I didn't go insane often enough? Or maybe you weren't supposed to find out? See, it's elements of uncertainty that make horror games great in my opinion Big Grin

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - SICGames2012 - 09-04-2012

Yeah, the punishment is good enough. I hate this monster with the long saw or whatever on his arm - total pain in the arse to run from. Everyone know in the chancel or that room where you get the poison plant....That monster drives me insane! I mean literally! I'm trying to go stealth as possible, run a bit then duck down....Suddenly the attack music comes on. "ARE YOU F''ING KIDDING ME?" I scream out as I look around then SLASH. No matter where I run that monster has PLAYER LOCK ON Mode or something - seriously, if one developer group got the AI System down pact- it's Fictional Games.

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - Robby - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 06:05 AM)SICGames2012 Wrote: Yeah, the punishment is good enough. I hate this monster with the long saw or whatever on his arm - total pain in the arse to run from. Everyone know in the chancel or that room where you get the poison plant....That monster drives me insane! I mean literally! I'm trying to go stealth as possible, run a bit then duck down....Suddenly the attack music comes on. "ARE YOU F''ING KIDDING ME?" I scream out as I look around then SLASH. No matter where I run that monster has PLAYER LOCK ON Mode or something - seriously, if one developer group got the AI System down pact- it's Fictional Games.
You're talking about the Brute. And the reason you get seen is because either you don't hide properly, or you hid in the wrong direction.

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - Hunter of Shadows - 09-04-2012

(08-29-2012, 05:27 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I like how all the junior members pretends to know anything about horror games.
I laughed hard

RE: [IDEA] punishment for look at the monter's face in Amnesia - BrooksyFC - 09-05-2012

(09-04-2012, 08:28 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 05:27 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I like how all the junior members pretends to know anything about horror games.
I laughed hard
Or the just don't spends hours on the forums constantly posting