Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Pony Megathread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Megathread (/thread-18114.html)

RE: Pony Megathread - Froge - 09-04-2012

Of the three major villains, who do you think actually posed the greatest threat to Ponyville?

RE: Pony Megathread - Obliviator27 - 09-04-2012

Going to have to go with Discord.

Nightmare Moon was stopped by the power of the Elements, wielded by the Mane Six/
Chrysalis targeted Canterlot, not Ponyville. Maybe she planned to attack Ponyville later, but my point stands.

Discord managed to trick and corrupt the Mane Six, rendering the Elements useless. Sure, he may not have posed a physical threat to the inhabitants, but definitely a mental one. Save Pinkie, of course, who enjoyed the chocolate rain.

RE: Pony Megathread - Kreekakon - 09-04-2012

Discord definitely. His strategies were the most effective. He knew that the elements were the thing that can stop him, so disable those by disabling the users, and he's basically unstoppable.

Also, I may be overthinking this, but something that makes me like him better is that he employed the following from Art of War by Sun Tzu, something that the other two hadn't done nearly as well as Discord. No way he was intentionally taking from Art of War of course, it's just something I thought was interesting.

Quote:For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Quote:The best policy is to attack strategies.
Quote:If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them.

RE: Pony Megathread - CorinthianMerchant - 09-04-2012

Discord.

RE: Pony Megathread - failedALIAS - 09-04-2012

I obviously choose Discord and it seems I won't need to explain why.
I still think Chrysalis was also great; she fucking used the power of love and compassion against her enemies, enemies who had previously wielded that as their own. It's kinda stupid that love still beat her though, I guess the writers were lazy and threw out the same message. Oh well.

(09-04-2012, 05:41 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: I still think Chrysalis was also great; she fucking used the power of love and compassion against her enemies, enemies who had previously wielded that as their own. It's kinda stupid that love still beat her though, I guess the writers were lazy and threw out the same message. Oh well.
It is kinda stupid, but I can partially justify it that the reason she dismissed the imminent threat of love was because she didn't think any of the ponies could wield it like she did, and manifest it into a power.

...poor Luna

(09-04-2012, 05:47 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 05:41 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: I still think Chrysalis was also great; she fucking used the power of love and compassion against her enemies, enemies who had previously wielded that as their own. It's kinda stupid that love still beat her though, I guess the writers were lazy and threw out the same message. Oh well.
...poor Luna
[Image: b2d.png]

Ok, new thing to talk about. I'm hoping that future season "big" episodes will have a focus on some of the other Mane 6 besides Twilight. Canterlot Wedding was basically centered around Twilight with the others being support only. I hope they pull a Teen Titans with MLP have each of the Mane 6 have one of their own big moments. What do you guys think about this?

(09-04-2012, 06:33 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Ok, new thing to talk about. I'm hoping that future season "big" episodes will have a focus on some of the other Mane 6 besides Twilight. Canterlot Wedding was basically centered around Twilight with the others being support only. I hope they pull a Teen Titans with MLP have each of the Mane 6 have one of their own big moments. What do you guys think about this?
Doctor Whooves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Pony Megathread - Robby - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 06:33 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Ok, new thing to talk about. I'm hoping that future season "big" episodes will have a focus on some of the other Mane 6 besides Twilight. Canterlot Wedding was basically centered around Twilight with the others being support only. I hope they pull a Teen Titans with MLP have each of the Mane 6 have one of their own big moments. What do you guys think about this?
The show mostly focuses on Twilight, and there should be a small change there. Also, there's Luna, and she appears very rarely in the show (like 3-4 times in one season). She should appear much more frequently.