Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story (SOLVED) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story (SOLVED) (/thread-18396.html)

Pages: 1 2

Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story (SOLVED) - Cendrillion - 09-18-2012

Hi mates, im new here but i want to explain a problem im having (sorry if my english is not good enough).

im making a custom story with the level editor, and till now everything was going great, i made scripts for locked doors, entity_spawns, notes, journals with voice... ok my problem comes when i needed to make another map to continue my story, so when i started scripting my second map, at the moment of testing my CS i have a Crash error when changing zones, otherwhise when i deleted the scripts of the second map, when testing the game again works and i change zone... what im making wrong?

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - Robby - 09-18-2012

There's something wrong with the script itself. Just post the file here, and I'll see the problem. Use "attachment".

And this goes to "Development Support".

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - Cendrillion - 09-23-2012

This is what it appears when i try to change the zone.

FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file "custo_stories/LA PRUEBA/maps/CTonguerogram Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/custom_stories/LA PRUEBA/maps/LA PRUEBA3.hps'! ExecuteString (1, 1): ERR : No matching signatures to 'OnGameStart()' main (5,17): ERR : Expected '('

and this is the only script im running in the map "LA PRUEBA3":

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "brute2", "area_brute2", true, 1);
}
void nombre accion(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1", true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "nombre sonido", "Player", 0, false);
GiveSanityDamage(30.0f, true);
}
void OnLeave()
{
}

void OnEnter()
{
}

-----------------------------------------------------------------

the same script in the main zone works perfectly.

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - i3670 - 09-23-2012

Ok, I see the problem/s

Your AddEntityCollideCallback does'nt call the function.

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "brute2", "area_brute2", true, 1);

should be

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "brute2", "nombre_accion", true, 1);

and you should'nt use backslash for making spaces use _ instead.

This also goes for your PlaySoundAtEntity("", "nombre sonido", "Player", 0, false);

which should be

PlaySoundAtEntity("", "nombre_sonido.snt", "Player", 0, false); instead.

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - Cendrillion - 09-23-2012

THANKS A LOT! problem solved!

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - Cendrillion - 09-29-2012

Hi, another problem, i recently added new custom objects. Why when i open my level editor the objects are sooooo big? did you have the same problem?

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - Your Computer - 09-29-2012

(09-29-2012, 09:50 PM)Cendrillion Wrote: Hi, another problem, i recently added new custom objects. Why when i open my level editor the objects are sooooo big? did you have the same problem?

3DS Max?

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - Cendrillion - 09-30-2012

Sorry, What you mean?

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - Robby - 09-30-2012

(09-30-2012, 08:21 AM)Cendrillion Wrote: Sorry, What you mean?
Were you using 3DS Max when you created those objects? And then added them to the level?

RE: Error when i change map to map2 in a custom story - Cendrillion - 09-30-2012

no i don't use 3dmax

i just took them from modders