Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Let's clear the air? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Let's clear the air? (/thread-18431.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Let's clear the air? - Adny - 09-21-2012

Spoiler below!

Quote:I only play shitty jumpscare maps...

I'm really glad to hear this; it really wasn't fair for you to put so much praise into mods that require minimal to no skill & effort to make. I look forward to watching you play real mods. On a side note, I really hope you don't try to incorporate your "characters" into them; it's really a slap in the face to mod makers who actually put time and effort into their creation.

Quote:My fans ruin...

I understand you have no control over it, and I can accept that. Again, I appreciate what you already have done to calm them down. Fan boys will be fan boys.

Quote:I've been rude to custom story creators...

It's very mature of you to say that. Your comments concerning the quality of a mod carry a lot of weight considering you're broadcasting your thoughts to millions of subscribers per video. Even if it is said light-hearted and jokingly, it can irreparably damage the reputation of the mod and it's creator.

Also, I'm sure you could create a custom story if you put some time into it, they're not that hard, just time consuming Big Grin

Quote:I think the rest lies in taste...

If people are looking for "hardcore horror" LP's or walkthroughs on YouTube, they're doing it wrong. The entire appeal of Horror LP's is to watch whoever's playing get scared and laugh at them (humans are sick, twisted creatures). On the other hand, if someone is just looking for a walkthrough (no commentary) then it's really no different than playing the game, making it a bit redundant (granted, there could be financial issues, or perhaps someone's too scared to play it, but c'est la vie). It's a noble cause to use your pseudo-popularity to promote something you and many others enjoy.

RE: Let's clear the air? - Gaviao - 09-21-2012

hehe i was on your forum and suddenly i got a meme from one of your moderators!!! i'm loving your forum!!!

RE: Let's clear the air? - Damascus Rose - 09-21-2012

Yay memes.

RE: Let's clear the air? - Juby - 09-21-2012

There are always people who hate the player for playing it their way, and then there are some who believe that somebody ruined their hobby when in reality, the ones who chose hurt themselves.

I admire your personal success and I think I get what your end goal of making videos for Youtube is. You have something that most can only dream of obtaining and that creates jealousy. I get why some people hate you, but I also don't.

Sure, I may not like your videos, but I won't dislike them, flag them, or something of equal value. You will never please everybody, but oddly enough that can also be your top priority if you shooting for what I think you are going for.

And while there maybe moral conflicts and every snippy complication in convention, always be yourself and never change what makes you posses an identity in a sea of anonymity. Smile

RE: Let's clear the air? - Kreekakon - 09-21-2012

Hey there Pewdie! First of all I'm a fan of your videos. Good job with them! =]

I really appreciate that you're putting so much time, and energy into trying to make sure that the vibe surrounding yourself, and your channel is as positive as possible. I know that fanboys will be fanboys, but I commend you for trying so much!

Something that I think you could adjust in your LPs is to make absolute sure you like whatever you're playing before you play it. Liking what you play can really improve the mood of the video in question. I don't know if you realize it, but I can tell when you're very frustrated with a game, or annoyed with it in not a good way. Like for example, when you played Silent Hill, I could feel quite a few moments where you experienced frustration, though I think you may have gotten past that in the more recent episodes.

Just saying that if you enjoy what you're playing the audience can feel it, and if you don't the audience can feel that too! I understand that even good games can have these type of moments, but it's just like Andy says: Try to watch what you say. It really can have a bigger impact than you think Wink

RE: Let's clear the air? - Wooderson - 09-21-2012

Hey just thought I'd put some input on this.

Its really easy to target such famous people such as Pewdie, I think the problem is though is that they don't actually realise that Felix is an actual person and PewDiePie is just his Youtube alter ego. If you don't like Pewdie then thats fine, but you can't say you don't like Felix because he has never gone into personal detail about himself.

I am a subscriber still. I used to watch all your videos a few months back but now I barely watch 1 a month. Why? Because i've had my enjoyment from you, and its the same with everything; everything will eventually change. Pewdie has changed, and so have I.

Most people on here ARE serious horror gamers, and I don't think Pewdie has ever been in that genre, so just accept that his style of playing is not the same as what yours may be. Its only because of the sheer size your community has grown to which irritates them which is unfortunate and uncontrollable.

RE: Let's clear the air? - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 09-21-2012

Hey!
Can't say that I watch your videos very often, but I thoroughly enjoyed your original Amnesia Let's Play as well as the Penumbra Let's Plays. Those were funny as hell xD

I also think that every Amnesia fan out there who hates on you for whatever reason should keep in mind that you're actually doing a tremendous free marketing job for Frictional Games. Just think of your thousands of fans and how many of them might have never bought the game if it wasn't for your videos. So in the end you directed a huge amount of money right into Frictional Games pockets - money they can now use to finance A Machine for Pigs as well as their new secret project. And I thank you for that. Smile

So to all those haters out there - what have YOU done to support your beloved Frictional Games lately, hm? Wink

Btw. I'm actually looking forward to your Machine for Pigs Let's Play. (Of course I'll only watch it after I've played through the game) I know it won't be the same as the Amensia TDD Let's Play, because your style inevitably changed over time, but since its a "real" Amnesia game instead of a CS, maybe you will go a bit "back to the roots" on this? It IS supposed to be scarier than the original after all...so maybe with a little bit of effort to immerse yourself, you could actually be truly scared again?

RE: Lets clear the air? - Robby - 09-21-2012

(09-20-2012, 08:56 PM)PewDiePie Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 08:48 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I've pretty much said all my reasons. If all those are fixed, you'd be perfect in my honest opinion.

I don't blame you...
Thanks for your imputs, I appreciate it. I doubt I'll ever be perfect Tongue
Well, nobody is stopping you. You can at least try. It is the best you can do.

RE: Let's clear the air? - Deep One - 09-21-2012

(09-21-2012, 01:54 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I know it won't be the same as the Amensia TDD Let's Play, because your style inevitably changed over time, but since its a "real" Amnesia game instead of a CS, maybe you will go a bit "back to the roots" on this? It IS supposed to be scarier than the original after all...so maybe with a little bit of effort to immerse yourself, you could actually be truly scared again?
Hirnwirbel is right.
I'm sure that you'll enjoy AAMFP much more if you immerse yourself in it Wink

RE: Let's clear the air? - CorinthianMerchant - 09-21-2012

Even thoughI'm not a bro anymore, I still think that you're a good guy.
BIG props for stopping to play those worthless jumpscare maps! For a while it felt like you only liked LP'd them and let high-quality mods go unnoticed. If you're interested, I'd recommend you to finish Nepsis!