Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread (/thread-18711.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 10-10-2012

Howl's Moving Castle is the only anime i
I really like.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - the dark side - 10-10-2012

Don't forget Tatsonuke Studios! the original cult Japanomation to make it big in the west with Speed Racer and Battle of the Planets/G-Force. classic and brilliant.

a lot of modern mainstream anime is over-rated though, i agree, its only really StudioGhibli that still makes proper, mind blowing, anime, "Japan's Disney" has earned its name.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Obliviator27 - 10-10-2012

(10-10-2012, 07:47 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: Most overrated thing, IMO, is most AAA games, and anime.

Oh god, the anime. Also the fans. Draw an anime face and people are like "OMGIMLIEKBESTARTISTEVAR!"
This. A thousand times this. I have never understood the appeal to anime. Yeah, it's an art style. It's a way of doing cartoons. But then you get the people who go "It's anime, not a cartoon" and I fully disagree with them. Unfortunately, many of the people I know and meet are massive anime fans and I've never seen the appeal to it.
I find it incredibly overrated.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Adny - 10-10-2012

(10-10-2012, 10:14 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: This. A thousand times this. I have never understood the appeal to anime. Yeah, it's an art style. It's a way of doing cartoons. But then you get the people who go "It's anime, not a cartoon" and I fully disagree with them. Unfortunately, many of the people I know and meet are massive anime fans and I've never seen the appeal to it.
I find it incredibly overrated.

Yup. A good show is a good show, regardless of which art style is used -- anime's are just cartoons. I find it strange that nobody bothers to divide "American" style cartoons (or cartoons from other parts of the world for that matter) into the different drawing styles. There is a surprising amount of diversity to be found among them.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - failedALIAS - 10-10-2012

(10-10-2012, 11:11 AM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 10:56 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 10:50 AM)Bridge Wrote: 5. You think anybody cares about the asshole SHIELD guy Coleson (or whatever)? Giving him false depth by making him collect cards and shit does not make the audience like him anymore (unless you're an idiot). I felt nothing when he died, because he doesn't have any personality.
I'm in a hurry to head out, so I'll just throw out a quick statement regarding this.

If you watched any of the previous Marvel movies. Coulson is an extremely witty side character. He never participates super directly, but he makes nice like quips here, and there, and in my opinion he's a very likeable character for the audience. So, in a sense, for his death to have maximum impact in the Avengers, you have to have known of him in previous movies.
I watched all of them and I didn't care for his character at all. I don't like the actor that portrays him and I don't think his lines have ever been all that witty (especially not in Avengers).
Maybe you're just a dick?

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Bridge - 10-10-2012

(10-10-2012, 10:42 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 11:11 AM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 10:56 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 10:50 AM)Bridge Wrote: 5. You think anybody cares about the asshole SHIELD guy Coleson (or whatever)? Giving him false depth by making him collect cards and shit does not make the audience like him anymore (unless you're an idiot). I felt nothing when he died, because he doesn't have any personality.
I'm in a hurry to head out, so I'll just throw out a quick statement regarding this.

If you watched any of the previous Marvel movies. Coulson is an extremely witty side character. He never participates super directly, but he makes nice like quips here, and there, and in my opinion he's a very likeable character for the audience. So, in a sense, for his death to have maximum impact in the Avengers, you have to have known of him in previous movies.
I watched all of them and I didn't care for his character at all. I don't like the actor that portrays him and I don't think his lines have ever been all that witty (especially not in Avengers).
Maybe you're just a dick?
Where did that come from?

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - failedALIAS - 10-10-2012

(10-10-2012, 07:59 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Howl's Moving Castle is the only anime i
I really like.
The anime adaptation is shit.

(10-10-2012, 10:45 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 10:42 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Maybe you're just a dick?
When I say something like that, it isn't to be mean, but because I truly wish for you to think it over.
MAYBE you are a dick.

Naruto, Bleach, Highschool of the Dead, D.Gray-Man, One Piece, and Final Fantasy.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Statyk - 10-10-2012

Geez, you guys are like ticking time-bombs >>

(10-10-2012, 10:52 PM)Statyk Wrote: Geez, you guys are like ticking time-bombs >>
Also Fable 1, 2 & 3

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Bridge - 10-10-2012

(10-10-2012, 10:47 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 07:59 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Howl's Moving Castle is the only anime i
I really like.
The anime adaptation is shit.

(10-10-2012, 10:45 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 10:42 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Maybe you're just a dick?
When I say something like that, it isn't to be mean, but because I truly wish for you to think it over.
MAYBE you are a dick.

Naruto, Bleach, Highschool of the Dead, D.Gray-Man, One Piece, and Final Fantasy.
But for what? Not liking a pointless side-character?