Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread (/thread-18711.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Ghieri - 10-12-2012

Quote: Also, HOW DOES THIS THREAD HAVE 9 PAGES AND NO ONE'S MENTIONED MINECRAFT BEING OVERATED YET.
No, that game is the shit.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Kreekakon - 10-12-2012

I'd say Minecraft is not a game for everyone. I have close friends that consist of people who love it to hell who love building, and exploring hours long, while some can never seem to get into it. I fall somewhere in between. I find it fun in smaller does, and can't get myself to commit to the more serious, and large endeavors. Even though that's the case it doesn't mean it's bad, and I can feel that it's just not for everyone.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Kman - 10-12-2012

(10-12-2012, 01:08 PM)Aldighieri Wrote:
Quote: Also, HOW DOES THIS THREAD HAVE 9 PAGES AND NO ONE'S MENTIONED MINECRAFT BEING OVERATED YET.
No, that game is the shit.
Yeah I enjoy it too, but there's a pretty large group of people who think it's the most pure and refined piece of entertainment ever that was sent from Allah.

Quote: Yeah I enjoy it too, but there's a pretty large group of people who
think it's the most pure and refined piece of entertainment ever that
was sent from Allah.
It did manage to refine the Sandbox genre of games to a very simple and very effective formula. Possibly the best in it's genre.

Though it sure does attract a lot of preteens...

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 10-12-2012

Overrated: Astrid Lindgren.
Underrated: Karin Boye.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - imgoneimdead - 10-12-2012

This question is so easy!

Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Quote: Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Do you mean overrated or underrated?

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Adny - 10-12-2012

Minecraft is like the McDonalds of gaming - it's not really good, but it's just adequate enough to where people keep going back to it. It's a good creative outlet to say the least (assuming one uses creative mode; survival mode is pretty boring and repetitive, especially when playing alone).

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - Yuhaney - 10-12-2012

(10-12-2012, 06:05 PM)Aldighieri Wrote:
Quote: Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Do you mean overrated or underrated?

Both at the same time.

RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread - CorinthianMerchant - 10-12-2012

It fucking scary how overrated Astrid Lindgren is. In first grade we were brainwashed to believe that she was the greatest swedish author of all time and she had been translated into a gazillion languages.

Also her books are awfully racist.