Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Black Plague's ending - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Black Plague's ending (/thread-1873.html)

Pages: 1 2

Black Plague's ending - Pancakes - 03-06-2008

I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Way better than I could have imagined. I was all prepared for a lame ending, but I was pleasantly surprised.

And I loved the game, etc, etc.

RE: Black Plague's ending - Kedjane - 03-06-2008

I thought it was quite lame. The ending puzzles were amusing, but at a puzzle-game stage. If they had made entire Penumbra a escape puzzle-game I'd be happy, the engine is as made for it, but this way it didn't work with me.
The ending text though really should have had some better background music or something aswell, but in other it way ok.

RE: Black Plague's ending - DanteDMC - 03-08-2008

For me, it was one of the most depressing endings I've seen. Well, it is a depressing game. Although there is no official statement of a third episode or plan of, the ending did leave wiggle room for a possible third installment. I really hope there is one.

RE: Black Plague's ending - Kedjane - 03-08-2008

DanteDMC Wrote:For me, it was one of the most depressing endings I've seen. Well, it is a depressing game. Although there is no official statement of a third episode or plan of, the ending did leave wiggle room for a possible third installment. I really hope there is one.
Not likely. We've seen most of the Shelter and the Tuurngait was likely extinct after the end of Black Plauge. Better go back to playing Devil May Cry 4 and have no hopes, the more joy if there indeed will be a sequel.

RE: Black Plague's ending - Linux.Blue - 03-08-2008

I really liked the ending. it captures more on human nature than other games; thus is probably why I like games like penumbra. too often, we see things that are overly dramatic. I keep thinking of this movie preview of some guy in an office or someplace, and the camera is on the outside looking in the glass wall and the guy takes the monitor and smashes it on the ground. boring.
problem with movies and games; a lot of them, overly dramatic, overly done, something most people wouldn't even do. the subtle, like Penumbra is nicer. in a sense, it's something I can see done.
maybe it's the Swedish part of me that is doing the talking. whatever the case; penumbra is great.

RE: Black Plague's ending - Tintin - 01-22-2011

The ending was the best part of Requiem. I enjoyed it, although I would've liked to see Philip escape to the surface. If the puzzles were meant to resemble Philip's damaged psyche, I feel there should've been more of surrealist flavour, with psychological symbolism and weirdness (sort of like the ending of
Spoiler below!
Black Plague)
, rather than what we were left with - a mildly enjoyable puzzle game more than a little similar to Portal.

RE: Black Plague's ending - Zoridium JackL - 01-22-2011

(03-08-2008, 09:38 AM)DanteDMC Wrote: For me, it was one of the most depressing endings I've seen. Well, it is a depressing game. Although there is no official statement of a third episode or plan of, the ending did leave wiggle room for a possible third installment. I really hope there is one.

implying that there aren't already three penumbra games...

RE: Black Plague's ending - Ssschah - 04-11-2011

In my opinion it just didn't end quite right, I admit it did wrap the game up but it left people with a lot of questions like me. And for me the whole Requiem game is a mystery...

RE: Black Plague's ending - Yuhaney - 04-11-2011

(04-11-2011, 01:33 PM)Ssschah Wrote: it left people with a lot of questions like me.

Questions such as?

RE: Black Plague's ending - Ssschah - 04-11-2011

Here is my thread... http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7279.html