Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
My problems - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: My problems (/thread-18769.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: My problems - Robby - 10-19-2012

(10-19-2012, 04:30 PM)The chaser Wrote: When it says "Unexpected end of file" is because there is a missing bracket. Is the worse error you can get, because you have to inspect every single letter of the script.

I've also noticed a high amount of AddEntityCollideCallbacks. Why is that?
Multiple script zones, maybe?

(10-19-2012, 04:35 PM)naseem142 Wrote: I have to check every letter ... oh god
The downside of scripting issues.

RE: My problems - naseem142 - 10-19-2012

(10-19-2012, 04:30 PM)The chaser Wrote: When it says "Unexpected end of file" is because there is a missing bracket. Is the worse error you can get, because you have to inspect every single letter of the script.

And why wouldn't there be alot?
Is that a problem? Undecided

(10-19-2012, 04:36 PM)naseem142 Wrote:

And why wouldn't there be alot?
Is that a problem? Undecided
I've had a lot in one CS, and they never gave me problems.

I have noticed something at:

AddUseItemCallback("", "des_orb", "Map_3_go", "UsedKeyOnDoor125", true);

There is no UsedKeyOnDoor125 Function :o

That may be the problem. Try fixing it.

RE: My problems - The chaser - 10-19-2012

No, the AddEntityCollideCallbacks are very useful, I just say it because sometimes, while fixing some bugs in crappy stories by myself, there were a lot of AddEntityCollideCallbacks.

They are very useful, but it was just something that caught my attention. Nothing more Smile

I don't think that's the issue. This explains the Unexpected end of file much better.

i deleted the function but now i got the same error at first

(10-19-2012, 04:40 PM)The chaser Wrote: This explains the Unexpected end of file much better.
Doesn't work. The information that should explain this doesn't appear. Just the title "Unexpected End of File".

(10-19-2012, 04:44 PM)naseem142 Wrote: i deleted the function but now i got the same error at first
Must be something within the entire script then. Letter-by-letter check is now what you can try. If not work, you'll have to remake the entire script then.

RE: My problems - The chaser - 10-19-2012

Yep. Scripting is this way. Sometimes you are just like:
Spoiler below!
FUUUUUCK IT.

If he gets an Unexpected end of file that's what he needs.
I'm sorry naseem, but you will have to check your script. Letter by letter. That's the reason why I always check all the letters I do.

(10-19-2012, 04:52 PM)The chaser Wrote: Yep. Scripting is this way. Sometimes you are just like:
Spoiler below!
FUUUUUCK IT.

If he gets an Unexpected end of file that's what he needs.
I'm sorry naseem, but you will have to check your script. Letter by letter. That's the reason why I always check all the letters I do.
Did the same each time I worked on my map. And whenever an error like that popped up, started from the bottom, moving upwards (since the problem was close to the bottom of the script).

And I end up locating the problem quickly.