Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Bioshock Infinite - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Bioshock Infinite (/thread-18899.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Kreekakon - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 04:17 AM)Aldighieri Wrote: I think they tried to define Bioshock as a type of game experience, instead of a specific setting, or something. I read an interview a long time ago, can't find it.
You can still find it on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock_%28series%29#Concept_and_development

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Danny Boy - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 04:17 AM)Aldighieri Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 04:10 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: Why am I not surprised?

I think they tried to define Bioshock as a type of game experience, instead of a specific setting...

Bioshock 1/2: Underwater city

Bioshock Infinite: Cloud city

To be completely honest. I don't really see the difference... Its just a city in a place were a high architect thought it would be funny to build an apartment on. Like I dunno. Underground, On the moon, A supermarket, the Sun's atmosphere, or in Angelina Jolie's vagina...

RE: MY BODY IS READY - No Author - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 04:46 AM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 04:17 AM)Aldighieri Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 04:10 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: Why am I not surprised?

I think they tried to define Bioshock as a type of game experience, instead of a specific setting...

Bioshock 1/2: Underwater city

Bioshock Infinite: Cloud city

To be completely honest. I don't really see the difference...

Next will be a city in Volcano. Lol

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Ghieri - 03-04-2013

Quote: Next will be a city in Volcano. Lol
Rapture was built on an underwater volcano.

As seen in Haephestus(I think that's the level name. It's been a while) the entire city is geothermally powered.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 03-04-2013

Danny Boy Wrote:To be completely honest. I don't really see the difference... Its just a city in a place were a high architect thought it would be funny to build an apartment on. Like I dunno. Underground, On the moon, A supermarket, the Sun's atmosphere, or in Angelina Jolie's vagina...
That's true - but to be fair I haven't seen that many more interesting settings in other games either. Most of the time it's "realistic city/ earth environment", "generic Tolkienesque fantasy world" or, "space" (of course including the classic "Ice planet" "volcano planet" and "jungle planet".). Sometimes if they're feeling really fancy it's "post-apocaylptic earth", but that's about it.

So compared to that, Bioshock's cities do actually rank moderately high amongst the few more creative settings. (The winner being of course Psychonaut's "Summer Camp for Psychics" Big Grin)

RE: MY BODY IS READY - No Author - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 02:38 PM)Aldighieri Wrote:
Quote: Next will be a city in Volcano. Lol
Rapture was built on an underwater volcano.

As seen in Haephestus(I think that's the level name. It's been a while) the entire city is geothermally powered.

Hephaestus.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Danny Boy - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 02:48 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: That's true - but to be fair I haven't seen that many more interesting settings in other games either. Most of the time it's "realistic city/ earth environment", "generic Tolkienesque fantasy world" or, "space" (of course including the classic "Ice planet" "volcano planet" and "jungle planet".). Sometimes if they're feeling really fancy it's "post-apocaylptic earth", but that's about it.

So compared to that, Bioshock's cities do actually rank moderately high amongst the few more creative settings. (The winner being of course Psychonaut's "Summer Camp for Psychics" Big Grin)

Never said the Idea of an underwater/ cloud city weren't interesting. I simply responded to Aldighieri when he said the devs wanted to expand the settings on the game(s) when in fact (as I said before) its simply a city on a weird place... Again...

RE: MY BODY IS READY - PutraenusAlivius - 03-04-2013

The next setting would be somewhere in a city on the core of the earth. I guess.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - No Author - 03-20-2013

6 MORE DAYS PEOPLE

Sorry for the bump

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Ghieri - 03-20-2013

(03-20-2013, 07:24 AM)No Author Wrote: 6 MORE DAYS PEOPLE

Sorry for the bump

There's still time to preorder this game for me guiezz!!

I kid, I kid.