Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Bioshock Infinite - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Bioshock Infinite (/thread-18899.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: MY BODY IS READY - CorinthianMerchant - 12-12-2012

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/uIhk9vY4rx4[/video]

RE: MY BODY IS READY - kartanonperuna - 12-12-2012

I prefer the underwater setting a LOT more.This is not creepy place at all...Plus...too much 'murica.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Danny Boy - 12-12-2012

Meh. Looks like another series of games having a chapter completely American centered/nationalist sprite Like assassin's creed...

Why don't they shove the american flag right in our face and say "God B...." Oh Come on! Even the new Bioshock logo has the freaking flag there!

How about the next Frictional game's project has the freaking Swedish flag shoved right up its ass saying how magnificent their country is as if it is the main puzzle piece to understand the Life as we know it!?

I bet American and the rest of us would find that shit insulting now wouldn't we?

RE: MY BODY IS READY - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 12-12-2012

Quote: Plus...too much 'murica.
Quote:Meh. Looks like another series of games having a chapter completely American centered/nationalist sprite Like assassin's creed...
Naah, this is quite clearly intended to be a satire/ caricature of the typical american dream. So exactly the opposite of patriotism and pro-America message. I highly doubt Columbia will be a perfect American utopia - it will probably be more of a disguised dystopia, just like Rapture, where ethics were cast aside in favor of capitalism and scientific progress etc., etc...

Seriously, if it turns out not to be a satire, i will eat my copy of the game. Wink

RE: MY BODY IS READY - failedALIAS - 12-12-2012

(12-12-2012, 11:33 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Naah, this is quite clearly intended to be a satire/ caricature of the typical american dream. So exactly the opposite of patriotism and pro-America message. I highly doubt Columbia will be a perfect American utopia - it will probably be more of a disguised dystopia, just like Rapture, where ethics were cast aside in favor of capitalism and scientific progress etc., etc...

Seriously, if it turns out not to be a satire, i will eat my copy of the game. Wink
motha fuckin this

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Your Computer - 12-12-2012

An American-based company doing a game showing things related to America.

NOT LEGIT.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Danny Boy - 12-13-2012

Not the problem here. What I don't like In games is when they start going Uber nationalist up our asses. I don't give a damn if this was being done by Brazilians, Swedish, South Korean, American or even my own country! I just don't like when different cultures like to glorify themselves in movies and games forgetting that there is more to the world besides their own borders.

For example:

"Babel" American movie showing their culture as well comparing it other countries: OK!

Assassin's Creed III: Basically showing the fetus version of America fighting against the British. You know... Britain? That place where everyone likes to burn orphanages and nom newborn babies? And America's founding is viewed as the single most precious moment of our specie's brief and insignificant existence. : NOT OK!

is not like they want to view America on a historical point of view. But if it were I would be ok whit that! I would! I am actually looking forward the new Spielberg's Lincoln movie! I just don't like self glorification. that is all.

Now that I have seen some top comments I sincerely hope Bioshock is doing the right thing. Because if not. Its gonna be a very long and messy fall

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Kreekakon - 12-13-2012

This may be slightly leaning off topic, but I disagree that Assassin's Creed 3 is completely going all pro-America on us. The game will constantly show multiple sides to the thing, and sometimes even have characters criticize the reasoning behind the revolution itself.

The plot, and the database will also go completely out of its way to tell how George Washington was not as great a man as many people believe.

RE: MY BODY IS READY - kartanonperuna - 12-13-2012

(12-12-2012, 11:01 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: How about the next Frictional game's project has the freaking Swedish flag shoved right up its ass saying how magnificent their country is as if it is the main puzzle piece to understand the Life as we know it!?
Holy SHIT that would be terrible!I mean,a god damn NIGHTMARE!

RE: MY BODY IS READY - Zaffre - 12-13-2012

(12-12-2012, 11:01 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: Meh. Looks like another series of games having a chapter completely American centered/nationalist sprite Like assassin's creed...

Why don't they shove the american flag right in our face and say "God B...." Oh Come on! Even the new Bioshock logo has the freaking flag there!

How about the next Frictional game's project has the freaking Swedish flag shoved right up its ass saying how magnificent their country is as if it is the main puzzle piece to understand the Life as we know it!?

I bet American and the rest of us would find that shit insulting now wouldn't we?
I get embarrassed whenever somebody claims something along the lines of "USA! USA! USA!", even more so because I myself am an American. I've even considered claiming to be a Canadian just to not have to be associated with those "Amurican patriots" as they call themselves.